Company: Caviness Beef Packers
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Summary of Duties: This position reports directly to the CFO and
works as a collaborating member of the executive leadership team.
The position will assist in directing all financial and accounting
functions. Accountabilities include general accounting, financial
reporting, risk management, operational software management, audit,
tax compliance, regulatory compliance, joint ventures, payroll,
financial controls, financial planning, and asset management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Other tasks may be assigned
- Assist in management of cash flow.
- Maintain the chart of accounts.
- Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed.
- Work closely with new and existing customers on credit
- Assist in preparing monthly reconciliations of balance sheet
- Oversee accounts payables and receivables.
- Prepare financial statements and reports as requested by CFO
- Assist CFO in providing senior management with advice on the
financial implications of business activities.
- Assist in ensuring that effective internal controls are in
place and ensure compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state
and local regulatory laws.
- Manage payroll processing and cash management for a multi-state
- Prepare and file various tax returns and tax payments.
- Assist in communicating the company's financial status,
strategy internally and externally.
- Work with outside vendors and financial institutions.
- Assist with negotiating service contracts.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Must have high level MS Excel software skills.
- Must have excellent communications and interpersonal
- Ability to collaborate closely with internal and external
employees, customers, vendors, or regulatory agencies.
- Knowledge of tax regulations and filing requirements.
- Knowledge of employee benefits programs such as group health
- Must have excellent analytical, reasoning, and problem-solving
skills. Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting or equivalent.
- 8 years accounting experience with at least 2 years managing an
- 5 years of agricultural or related experience preferred.
- CPA or working towards certification.
- Experience with external auditors, internal controls, and
regulatory compliance preferred.
- Experience in managing a transactional accounting
Keywords: Caviness Beef Packers, Amarillo , Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Amarillo, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!