Palo Duro High School Assistant Principal
Company: Young World Physical Education
Posted on: April 8, 2021
PALO DURO HIGH SCHOOL ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL
- Application Deadline: Posted until Filled
- Posted : April 1, 2021 Enter your email to receive job alerts
when new jobs like this one are posted. My Email Job Description
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Assist the school principal in the administration
and management of the instructional program and operations at--Palo
Duro High--School. Coordinate and oversee assigned activities and
services. QUALIFICATIONS: Master's Degree Valid Texas teaching
certificate or Out of State reciprocity process started Texas
principal or other appropriate Texas administrative certificate--or
Out of State-- reciprocity process started Preferred: Advanced
Education Leadership (AEL) certification, Instructional Leadership
Training-- (ILT), or Instructional Leadership Development (ILD)--or
Out of State reciprocal certifications Preferred: Certified T-TESS
Appraiser or Out of State reciprocal certifications Special
Knowledge/Skills: Working knowledge of curriculum and instruction
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Thorough understanding of school operations Work Conditions:
Tools/Equipment Used: Standard office equipment including personal
computer--and peripherals. Posture: Frequent sitting, standing and
walking; occasional bending/stooping, pushing, pulling, and
twisting Motion: Repetitive hand motions; frequent keyboarding and
use of a mouse; reaching Lifting: Occasional lifting and carrying
(less than 40 pounds); occasional physical restraint of students to
control behavior Environment: May work prolonged or irregular
hours; work inside and outside (exposure to sun, heat, cold, and
inclement weather), exposure to noise; occasional districtwide and
statewide travel Mental Demands: Work with frequent interruptions;
maintain emotional control under stress Regular Attendance is an
essential function Three years of successful experience as a
classroom teacher as evidenced by performance evaluations
Preferred: Three years experience at the--secondary school level
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES: 1. Participate in the
development and evaluation of educational programs.
2. Encourage and support the development of innovative
instructional programs, helping teachers-- to pilot such efforts
3.--Provide appropriate time, resources, and materials to support
staff in accomplishing educational goals.
4. Facilitate the use of technology in the teaching/learning
5. Promote a positive, caring climate for learning.
6. Deal sensitively and fairly with persons from diverse cultural
7. Employ effective interpersonal skills.
8. Participate in collaborative processes to develop campus
improvement plans with staff, parents, and community members.
9. Assist principal in developing, maintaining, and using
appropriate information systems and records --necessary for
attainment of campus performance objectives and academic excellence
10. Assess and respond to needs related to job responsibilities
11. Observe employee performance, record observations, and conduct
evaluation conferences-- with staff; serve as an appraiser for the
designated teacher appraisal system.
12. Assist principal in interviewing, selecting, and orienting new
13. Serve as principal in the absence of the regular principal or
14. Assist in the administration of the daily organization of the
school including facilities class scheduling,-- teacher
assignments, and extracurricular activities.
15. Supervise the reporting and monitoring of student attendance
and work with attendance clerical-- staff on investigative
16. Work with department heads and faculty in compiling annual
budget requests based upon documented-- program needs.
17. Requisition supplies, textbooks, and equipment; conduct
inventories; maintain records; and verify-- receipts for such
18. Cooperate in the conducting of safety inspections and safety
drill practice activities.
19. Assume responsibility for coordinating transportation,
custodial, cafeteria, and other support services.
20. Implement policies established by federal and state law, State
Board of Education rule, and the-- local school board.
21. Coordinate and provide adequate supervision of students during
non-management instructional periods.
22. Provide input to develop a student management system that
results in positive student behavior.
23. Ensure that school rules are uniformly observed and that
student discipline is appropriate and equitable.
24. Conduct conferences with parents, students, and teachers
concerning school and student issues.
25. Present for students a positive role model that supports the
mission of the school district.
26. ake the initiative to develop needed professional skills
appropriate to job assignment.
27. Demonstrate behavior that is professional, ethical, and
28. Articulate the school's mission to the community and solicit
its support in realizing the--mission.
29. Demonstrate awareness of school-community needs and initiate
activities to meet those--identified needs.
30. Use appropriate and effective techniques for community and
31. Maintain confidentiality.
32. Abide by State and Federal laws, District policies, campus
expectations and Texas Educator Code of Ethics.
33. Perform other such duties as assigned. SUPERVISORY
RESPONSIBILITIES: Share supervisory responsibility for professional
staff with school principal. Supervise teachers, custodians,
paraprofessional and clerical personnel and others when assigned by
- Position Type: Full-time
- Job Category : Administrator > Assistant
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display
(each a "Submission") will viewed by other users of the service who
may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they
represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions.
Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials
posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the
service is at your own risk. "Sensitive data" for purposes of this
section means social security or other government-issued
identification numbers, medical or health information, account
security information, individual financial account information,
credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account
passwords, individual credit and income information or any other
sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.
Keywords: Young World Physical Education, Amarillo , Palo Duro High School Assistant Principal, Education / Teaching , Amarillo, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!