Prekindergarten Lead Teacher
Company: Primrose School of Amarillo Southwest
Posted on: September 22, 2022
As a Teacher at Primrose School of Amarillo Southwest you will
help young minds explore, discover and understand the world around
We are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Lead Teacher to plan
and implement an ongoing program of activities that promote the
social, emotional, cognitive and physical development of each
child, in accordance with the Primrose Balanced Learning - approach
to teaching and learning
The Primrose School of Amarillo Southwest is an accredited private
preschool that provides a premier educational child care
experience. We offer year-round programs for children from infant
through elementary-aged school age.
We are currently seeking a Lead Teacher for our Prekindergarten
classroom. This room consists of four-to-five-year old's as they
get ready to move on to kindergarten. This room focuses on n
things, some including letter identification and sounds, math, and
character development. Students are encouraged to explore and learn
throughout all they do in the classroom. As a lead in this room,
you will implement curriculum, maintain a healthy and safe
classroom environment, and all other duties as needed. Primary
- Is responsible for the overall supervision and daily class
functions of a group of children.
- Observes all rules and regulations at Primrose and the local,
state or national regulatory agencies pertaining to the health,
safety and care of children.
- Assesses each child's developmental needs on an ongoing
- Implements the approved lesson plans and daily classroom
schedule in accordance with the Primrose Balanced Learning -
curriculum and programming.
- Plans with a member of the Leadership Team the parent-teacher
conferences and student evaluations.
- Maintains an attractive, well-kept classroom that encourages
children to create, explore and make decisions with
- Provides verbal recognition and acceptance to children while
providing clear and consistent expectations for the children's
- Accepts responsibility for maintenance and necessary
housekeeping duties of the classroom, common use areas and
- Attends all required staff meetings, workshops and/or school
- Maintains overall professional personal appearance adhering to
the guidelines offered in the Primrose Employee Handbook
- Assists in other capacities that Director, or designee,
determines is necessary. Desired skills and experience:
- Must meet basic requirements of local child care regulatory
- Previous teaching or assistant teaching position in a licensed
early childhood program
- Knowledge of the social, emotional and creative needs of young
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs. in connection with the
handling of children for the facilitation of programs, child
safety, and potential emergency situations. For Infant and Young
Toddler teachers, must be able to properly lift infants into and
out of a crib.
- Infant - Preschool Teachers: 2 year degree in early childhood
or related field preferred
- Pre-Kindergarten Teachers: 4 year degree in early childhood or
related field required
- Kindergarten Teacher: 4 year degree in early childhood and
certified to teach in the state in which the school operates
Each Primrose school is a privately owned and operated franchise,
and the respective Franchise Owner is the employer at each school.
Franchise Owners set their own wage and benefit programs, which
vary among Franchise Owners. Primrose Schools and its Franchise
Owners are equal opportunity employers. Positions and position
titles vary by school.
Keywords: Primrose School of Amarillo Southwest, Amarillo , Prekindergarten Lead Teacher, Education / Teaching , Amarillo, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!