Service Technician I
Company: Patterson Companies, Inc.
Posted on: January 15, 2022
OverviewAs a service technician for Patterson Companies you will
install, maintain and repair equipment for either our dental or
animal health customers. In this role you can expect to:
- Solve new, exciting challenges every day - from troubleshooting
and diagnosing issues to training office staff on newly installed
- Work independently
- Expand your technical knowledge while building rewarding,
long-lasting customer relationshipsWe're looking for technical
professionals who have a general mechanical aptitude, solid
problem-resolution skills, and a strong desire to provide excellent
service. If you aspire to work for an industry leader, apply today!
- Hours:Full Time
- Experience: Mid-level
- Travel: Occasional to Regular
- Success ProfileWhat makes a successful service technician at
Patterson Companies? Check out the traits we're looking for and see
if you have the right mix.
- Mechanically minded
- Technical aptitude
- Solution oriented
- Health and Well-being
- Retirement and Savings Program
- Professional Development
- Employee Discount Programs
- Vehicle ProgramWorking at Patterson"It is wonderful working
with a team that is professional and customer experience oriented.
Also, good management that truly cares about developing each
employee to their best and beyond." - Tom S., Dental Service
Technician"Being a Navy veteran, I find a very similar sense of
comradery amongst other service technicians at Patterson. Everyone
is eager to help, at any time." - Mark L., Dental Service
Technician"Working for Patterson Veterinary has given me more
passion to help people and animals." - Juan G., Veterinary Service
Technician"My job at Animal Health International gives me the
opportunity to work independently with the guide of competent and
helpful supervisors." - Clinton C., Animal Health International
Service TechnicianResponsibilitiesJob SummaryThe Field Service
Technician works independently to provide repair and maintenance
service and technical training to users of ingredient dispensing
and control systems used at feed yards, feed mills, and farms to
assure uninterrupted and continuous feed processing operations. The
Field Service Technician also works in cooperation with operations
management and all of the Operational Business Teams to direct the
movement of products from the manufacturer to the customer in the
most cost effective and efficient manner.
- Service, troubleshoot, and repair all types of equipment and
systems in operation at any or all customer locations.
- Monitor systems at assigned customer locations for proper
operation and make adjustments or repairs as needed.
- Monitor inventory of products used at assigned customer
locations to assure that inventory is adequate for continuous
operation at all times.
- Deliver products from warehouse to customer location as
- Provide technical assistance and training to customers as
needed for proper operation of equipment and systems to achieve
- Provide technical assistance and support as needed to customers
during non-working hours (evenings) and when "on-call"
- Travel to customer locations in company vehicle and maintain
vehicle and personal driving record to meet company
- Complete all records and documentation as required.
- Work overtime as required and without notice if necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned to the Field Service
- At least one year of work in equipment service or operation of
agricultural equipment required.
- High school diploma is required.
- Technical school degree or college degree is preferred.
- Installation or operation experience of grain flaking systems,
including grain conditioning, roller milling, and high pressure
steam boiler operation, is preferred.Knowledge, Skill, and Ability:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to
speak limited Spanish is desired.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to prioritize.
- Strong math, analytical, and troubleshooting skills.
- Must be self-motivated and organized.
- Must have an aptitude for and a working knowledge of Windows
- Must have an aptitude for and a working knowledge of
mechanical, electrical, and electronic devices and their use.
- Must have a valid driver license and be able to pass a criminal
background check, drug test, and motor vehicle record check.
- Knowledge of cattle feeding, feeding systems, feed ingredients,
and feed formulation is desired.Work Environment / Required
- Outdoor service work 10-40% of the time.
- Lift and carry up to 60 lbs.
- Occasional ladder climbing and work on elevated equipment.
- Local travel 75-100% of the time.
- Limited overnight travel.
Keywords: Patterson Companies, Inc., Amarillo , Service Technician I, Engineering , Hereford, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!