Associate Project Director, Corporate Strategy PMO
Posted on: August 28, 2020
Homebased - East Coast
As Associate Project Director, Corporate Strategy PMO for Parexel
you will be an integral team member in moving our strategic growth
initiatives forward. The primary role of the Associate Project
Director is to lead and facilitate the planning and execution of
corporate initiatives. The Associate Project Director proactively
collaborates with Parexel internal project teams and others
involved in the delivery of the initiatives (including subject
matter experts, Parexel functions, external consultants and
vendors), and management stakeholders.
General areas of responsibility include: business case development;
creation and updating project plans/work plans, milestone planning
and identification/management of critical path; resource planning;
project implementation including mobilization, ongoing liaison and
partnering with cross-functional teams; dependency and risk/issue
identification and tracking with appropriate escalation; ensuring
that projects are progressing according to plan; managing the
project budget; ensuring timely completion of actions; production
of key progress reports; tracking and assimilation of
savings/benefit realization and KPI data; facilitate the planning
and coordination of change management, training, communications and
other deployment activities; preparation and presentation of
materials for internal meetings; management of communication
between internal stakeholder
Project Implementation, Control & Evaluation:
- Lead the project management of initiative(s) to ensure
completion within budget and schedule, with successful
implementation and adoption, and achievement of anticipated
- Support development of business case, including costs/budget
and benefits to be used to measure success.
- Define scope and create project plan/workplan, plan milestones
and identify critical path.
- Develop resource plan with appropriate cross-functional
representation and plan workstreams; mobilize teams.
- Facilitate creation of change management, communication,
training and support plans, and incorporate into overall project
plan to ensure successful deployment and adoption in the business,
working with internal stakeholders and SMEs.
- Establish baseline metrics and mechanisms to track
- Review and manage project costs.
- Lead, facilitate and participate in project team meetings and
- Update status reports, project plans, resource plans,
dependency and risk/issue tracking logs to record, measure and
manage progress. Collate input from workstreams as appropriate.
Identify and escalate areas that require further review and
communicate with stakeholders to resolve, ensuring timely follow up
of actions. Revise plans as required and communicate changes to
- Provide updates to PMO at required frequency and proactively
communicate any issues or risks that could impact achievement of
- Support Finance Business Partner with collection and assessment
of benefit realization data, KPIs and other key metrics, and costs
at required frequency.
- Support the review of project variances (actual or forecast)
and identification of plans to resolve any variance.
- Support production and presentation of materials for
- Support completion of ad-hoc requests by management.
Support Initiative Management Capability Development:
- Work with the PMO team to develop and enhance templates,
processes and systems, and help drive their adoption as
- Lead, promote and facilitate best practices for initiative
execution and program management, including supporting capture,
curation and implementation of lessons learned, role modelling and
coaching of colleagues
- Excellent program/project management and control skills.
- Advanced problem-solving skills and ability to summarize
complex situations into key points.
- Strong influencing skills and ability to engage and lead
- Highly motivated, self-starting, with strong results
- Strong verbal & written communication, interpersonal, and
negotiation skills (mainly internally and often at higher
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office software packages
such as Excel, MS Project, Visio, PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills and ability to take
structured approach to varied work assignments.
- Strong team player who is dedicated to making cross-functional,
culturally diverse and geographically distributed teams
- Strong meeting facilitation and presentation skills.
- Aptitude to interface with all levels of staff, including top
Knowledge and Experience:
- Proven relevant experience with managing large, complex
programs in healthcare, consultancy, or contract research
- Familiarity with project management methodology ideally in
combination with a background in a functional business area such as
human resources, finance, accounting, marketing / sales or clinical
- Experience with organizational change management.
- Bachelors degree in a science-related field, management or
business administration, with an advanced technical degree or MBA
- PMP or equivalent desirable.
- Some travel may be required.
EEO DisclaimerParexel is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to legally protected status, which in the US includes race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Keywords: PAREXEL, Amarillo , Associate Project Director, Corporate Strategy PMO, Executive , Amarillo, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!