Environmental Project Manager
Company: TALON/LPE, LTD
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Job DescriptionENVIRONMENTAL PROJECT MANAGERLocation: Amarillo,
Texas Job Title: Environmental Project Manager Department:
EnvironmentalReports To: DM Supervises: Environmental Technicians
FLSA Status: Full-time, Exempt (Administrative) Insurance Class:
Bi-Weekly-Salary Staff WC Code: 4511 Environmental Consultants
Personnel Type: Environmental Personnel SUMMARY:The Project Manager
is responsible for managing multiple projects in a timely and
cost-efficient manner. This includes project planning, resource
management, project budgeting, and project invoicing. ESSENTIAL
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage assigned projects, including project planning,
budgeting, and invoicing.
- Develop and implement a budget for each project at its
inception. Budget should include, at a minimum, allowable billable
labor hour and expected expenses. Time and Expense (T&M)
projects may be exempt from this requirement – depends on project
- Supervise personnel working on assigned projects.
- Maintain positive relationships with existing clients. To
include phone and email communication and face-to-face meetings as
- PM must interact with client(s) through all phases of the
- PM must consider the health and safety of all employees and
other persons involved during all phases of a project.
- Be able to prepare bids, proposals, work plans, or statements
of work. Seek higher level reviews/approvals as required.
- Ensure necessary contract documents are in place prior to
initiation of work.
- Seek and develop relationships with prospective clients.
- Identify required internal and/or external resources required
to complete each project. Relay requirements to DM/RM or designated
- Be available to complete field work as required. Travel,
overnight stays, and time in excess of 40 hours per week may be
required to maintain project schedules or other deliverables.
- Compile and process all project related data including, but not
limited to, daily logs, mileage logs, field data sheets, 3rd party
invoice review, unit billing entries.
- Prepare reports and other documents as needed to satisfy
client, contract, regulatory, or other obligations.
- Create invoices for completed work as outlined in the project
- Be available to communicate with field personnel, vendors,
clients, etc. after normal working hours when work is being
performed at your project.
- Maintain compliance with billable goals.
- Follow-up with clients after invoicing to ensure prompt
- Keep up with existing and new issues related to the regulatory
agencies you commonly work withQUALIFICATIONS/EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION:
- Bachelor of Science or Arts (BS/BA) with a minimum of three
years' work experience in related field.
- Must have experience in environmental consulting services.
- Must have a solid communication skill set to successfully
communicate with clients, employees, and subcontractors and
- Must possess a valid Driver's License.
- Motor vehicle driving record that is consistent with Company
and insurance carrier standards and policies.
- Ability to work outside year round in all types of weather
- Available to work extended hours as required by project
schedules, weather conditions or urgent circumstances.
- Suggestions and recommendations as to the hiring, firing,
advancement, promotion or any other change of status of other
employees they supervise.
- Mentor and train staff.
- Assist DM/RM in guidance and direction of operations
- Review and adhere to federal, state, and local guidelines.
- Adhere to QA/QC procedures.
- Ability to professionally communicate with clients on
- Requires prior project manager experience, preferably 1 – 4
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical and drug
- Must be able to wear required PPE.
- Must be able to speak and understand English.
- Must be able to walk, bend, stoop, and climb ladders for
extended periods of time.
- Must have strong work ethic, be a self starter, a problem
solver, and a team player.
- Able to travel to jobsites during all phases of a project and
able to travel to jobsites which may be remote.
- Able to perform heavy lifting; minimum 50 pounds.
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment with
respect to matters of significance.
- Must be able to wear any required PPE.WORK CONDITIONS:
- Typically works in office and field as directed by project
requirements, though they may be required to travel to project
sites, vendor locations, or facilities as needed.
- Ability to travel as required for position.MEDICAL
EXAMINATIONS:Depending on an individual's job duties, the Company
may require an individual to complete a medical examination.
Persons, whom the Company wishes to hire, will receive a
conditional offer of employment contingent on the successful
completion of background checks, drug/alcohol test, medical
examination and positive report of their fitness to perform the
duties required for this position. KEY COMPETENCIES:
- Commitment to Safety– Provides a sustained effort and
dedication to getting the job done safely, works continuously to
produce superior work regardless of obstacles or setbacks. Displays
safe work, personal concern, pride, and accountability in all areas
- Leadership – Demonstrates or models behavior that rallies
others around a common cause and builds a shared sense of
- Problem Solving – Analyzes relevant aspects of a situation
before reaching a conclusion; does not hesitate to take action when
- Results Driven – Focuses on and achieves results. Takes actions
that have a positive impact on profitability. Takes calculated
risks that are likely to provide good business results. Holds self
and others accountable for impact on the bottom line.
- Organization – Plans and organizes multiple tasks and projects
to meet deadlines.
- Oral and Written Communication – Able to clearly present
information through the spoken or written word; read and interpret
complex information; talk with customers or clients; listens
- Teamwork – Actively seeks to contribute to the positive morale,
attitude and effectiveness of their work environment.E-VERIFY AND
RIGHT TO WORKTalon/LPE participates in E-Verify and will provide
the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm
that you are authorized to work in the United States. If you have
the right to work, don't let anyone take it away. For more
information, please visit talonlpe.com/employment.
Keywords: TALON/LPE, LTD, Amarillo , Environmental Project Manager, Executive , Amarillo, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!