Company: Roberts Truck Center
Posted on: May 15, 2022
THIS POSITION PROFILE IS IN NO WAY INTENDED TO CREATE A CONTRACT
OF PERMANENT EMPLOYMENT OR ALTER THE AT-WILL RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN
ROBERTS TRUCK CENTER AND ITS EMPLOYEES
Position Title: Service Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Service GM
Revision Date: 3/28/2022
The Service Manager provides direction to service personnel,
delegates assignments according to business needs and answers
questions concerning present and future jobs. Manage the operation
of the Service Department including training, recruiting,
interviewing, employment appraisals and possible employee
discipline and termination issues. Prepare annual budget and
monitor budget expenditures. Maintain awareness of current and
projected market conditions; develop and implement appropriate
strategies and programs as necessary to attain the dealerships
Service Department customer, operating and profitability
HIGH LEVERAGE ACTIVITIES
Performs necessary duties for the safe, efficient and profitable
operation of the Service Department through effective management of
the service team.
- Establishes department goals and objectives, measures progress,
analyzes results and makes improvements as needed.
- Identify customer needs and opportunities to enhance
relationships to grow business and maintain a flow of potential
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND PERFORMANCE MEASURES
- Responsible for the overall performance of the service
- Performs supervisory responsibilities to effectively manage
personnel including interviewing, hiring, firing, training,
planning, assigning work, appraising performance, disciplining,
addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Train employees in company policies, department procedures, job
duties, operational safety and to support the goals of the company
and not just the individual department.
- Work to motivate all service personnel to provide high levels
of customer service.
- Recommend solutions to customer needs.
- Maintains safe and secure environment by following safety and
security standards and procedures; complying with codes.
- Identify prospective customers by using business directories,
following leads from existing clients, rental departments and other
internal sales personnel.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational
opportunities; reading about new products.
- Communicate goals daily, weekly and monthly within the service
- Foster cohesion between the service department and other
- Other duties assigned by manager.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum of five years' experience in a Dealership and three years
in management preferred.
- Supervisory skills.
- Mechanical aptitude and computer skills needed.
- Must have knowledge of company and OEM products.
- Ability to diagnose and repair vehicles.
- Accurately figure repair orders and administer warranties.
- Knowledge of CDK dealer management system preferred.
- Ability to write customer orders.
- Ability to listen and communicate with customers, employees and
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication
- Valid Drivers License required.
- College Degree preferred.
- A high school diploma and/or GED required.
- Combination of education, training or experience that provides
the required knowledge, skill and abilities.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
The position is located in the office and shop environment as well
as duties performed outside. Mobility of walking, standing and
bending is frequent. Dexterity, hearing and talking requirements
are constant. Visual ability to detect situations of concern is
constant. The employee will occasionally lift up to and over 50
pounds. Must be able to meet the public and make decisions.
Exposure to heat, cold, dust and dirt. Travel required.
NOTE: This Position Profile is not intended to be an all-inclusive.
Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the
on-going needs of the company. The Position Profile is intended to
describe the general nature and level of work being performed by
individuals assigned to this job. It is not an exhaustive listing
of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or
working conditions associated with the job. Management reserves the
right to revise the job or to require that other tasks be performed
when circumstances change (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel,
workload, rush jobs or technological development.
Keywords: Roberts Truck Center, Amarillo , Service Manager, Executive , Amarillo, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!