Quality Control Manager
Company: Bristol Alliance of Companies
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Bristol General Contractors, LLC is seeking a qualified Quality
Control Manager at our Clovis, NM location. The Quality Control
Manager is responsible for planning, designing, implementing, and
managing quality control and quality assurance processes,
procedures, and documentation associated with deliverable
preparation, tracking, and reviews for construction, fuels,
environmental remediation and demolition.
The Quality Control Manager ensures that project goals are achieved
within the given timeframe and budget, by:
- Assist in preparing proposal technical approach and cost
related to Quality Program implementation.
- Prepare Quality Control Project Plans, including Definable
Features of Work, inspection requirements, and testing plan.
Prepare appropriate, targeted field forms associated with this
- Ensure compliance with Submittal requirements, including
maintaining submittal logs, tracking review/approval/resubmittal,
and review of technical submittals as required based on subject
- Assist project team in preparing RFIs as necessary.
- Implement field 3-phase Quality Control process in accordance
with USACE Construction Quality Management for Contractors
- Document field quality deficiencies, and track via Deficiency
Log through closeout.
- Build and lead a QC team of subject matter experts to execute
successful job specific QC programs.
- Work with field team to understand the timing and rationale for
quality "hold points" for inspection and testing. Plan with the
field team to effectively implement the inspection and testing
- Complete targeted Daily Quality Control Reports, notes of
Preparatory and Initial Phase meetings, and reports of
deficiencies. The focus must be on features of the work inspected
and tested and the results of those inspections/testing, not field
- Report the status of quality program implementation to the PM
and Site Superintendent.
- Based on experience and expertise, assist project team in
resolving outstanding quality concerns. Troubleshoot and problem
solve as required on all projects.
- Qualified applicants must have a proven track record of meeting
production, quality and customer service standards in a fast paced
Required Knowledge or Skills
- At least five years of DoD/USACE experience
- Management for contractors, and appropriate experience and
expertise implementing inspection and testing programs for
remediation and construction projects.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Detail oriented problem solver.
- Direct experience with and established relationships with
- Ability to gather and analyze data, reason logically and
creatively, draw conclusions and make appropriate
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks, to prioritize
and organize, work well under stress in a fast-paced
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to constant change.
- Ability to work flexible hours as required to meet
- Strong interpersonal skills to assist and communicate with
staff and clients.
- Knowledge of and proficient in the use of USACE RMS system
- Strong Excel and Word skills.
- Ability to perform tasks in a safe and responsible
- OSHA 30 highly desired
- 40 Hour HAZWOPER a plus
- Extensive travel may be required
Preferred Knowledge or Skills
Prefer broad experience in a wide range of civil, vertical
construction, demolition and environmental remediation. Prefer
experience with updating corporate quality plans and developing
project-specific quality control inspection/testing plans and field
forms for a wide range of projects. Prefer a demonstrated track
record of mentoring field quality technicians. Demonstrated
experience reading plans and specifications.
High School Diploma or equivalent; however, may require Bachelor's
Degree in Engineering, Architecture or Construction Management
dependent on project requirements. - Year for year experience may
be potentially substituted in lieu of degree, dependent on project
requirements. Minimum of five years recent experience as a Project
Manager, Project Superintendent, Construction Manager, Project
Engineer/Scientist or Quality Control for USACE, NAVFAC, AFCEC
and/or SRM projects.
- Must be able to pass a security clearance
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Current certification in USACE Construction Quality
Keywords: Bristol Alliance of Companies, Amarillo , Quality Control Manager, Executive , Clovis, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!