Outside Plant Engineering (OSPE) Manager
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionOutside Plant Engineering ManagerPOSITION SUMMARY
- POSITION IS LOCATED IN SW KANSASAn established SW Kansas
telecommunications company is seeking an Outside Plant Engineering
(OSPE) Manager to join the team! This individual will be
responsible for direction of personnel activities regarding CAD/GIS
mapping, plant design, construction, and ensure full understanding
by both employees and contract workers. RELOCATION ASSISTANCE
PROVIDED TO THE RIGHT CANDIDATE!RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages daily activities of Outside Plant Engineering personnel
by assigning work, checking quality ofwork, answering questions,
handling personnel issues, and monitoring workflow to ensure
timelycompletion of projects, activities and tasks.
- Forecast, set, and monitor department and company goals.
- Coordinate with other company departments to determine
strategies for new and existing services, including implementing
and overseeing such strategies in accordance with company
- Ensure compliance with safety practices, RUS specifications,
and other industry standards.
- Oversee bid processes, budget requests, project status and
internal work order completions.
- Evaluate and approve data submissions for regulatory
- Provides direct interface with interoffice personnel,
customers, and contractors.
- Conduct business in a professional and highly motivated manner,
with the ability to act in the best interest regarding our
customers and the company.
- Other job duties as assigned and/or required.REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma or GED required, 2-to-4-year degree is
- 5 to 10 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of RUS and industry standards for OSP engineering and
construction, specifically fiber optic plant design.
- Knowledge of plant materials and field electronic
- Awareness of local, state, and federal construction practices
- Familiarity with M4/VertiGIS, AutoCAD, Esri, FME, Office
products including Excel.
- Certification in plant operations and safety precautions is
preferred, but not required.
- Sense of sound/touch.
- Able to see colors.
- Valid driver's license and insurable driver's record.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize when necessary and pay close attention to
- Accountability and ownership of all work performed.
- Physically able to meet the demands of the job - including the
ability to lift/carry up to 50 lb. loads.
- Able to travel
- Ability to work in close proximity to aerial electric lines and
indoor electrical wiring.COMPETENCIES:
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account
for his/her actions.
- Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey, and
understand the comments and questions of others.
- Business Acumen - Ability to grasp and understand business
concepts and issues.Communication, Oral and Written - Ability to
communicate effectively with others using the spoken and/or written
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customer's
needs while following company procedures.
- Deductive Reasoning - Ability to apply principles of logical or
scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical
- Leadership - Ability to influence others to perform their jobs
effectively and to be responsible for making decisions.
- Negotiation Skills - Ability to reach outcomes that gain the
support and acceptance of all parties.
- Persistence - Ability to complete tasks or continue in a course
of action in spite of opposition or discouragement.
- Research Skills - Ability to design and conduct a systematic,
objective, and critical investigation.
- Responsible - Ability to be held accountable or answerable for
- Relationship Building - Ability to effectively build
relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to
organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Technical Aptitude - Ability to comprehend complex technical
topics and specialized information.
- Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks
under stressful situations.Please
Keywords: gpac, Amarillo , Outside Plant Engineering (OSPE) Manager, Executive , Guymon, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!