Store Manager - Unassigned
Company: Tractor Supply Company
Posted on: September 23, 2022
This position is responsible for managing all operational and
team member aspects of a specialty retail farm and ranch store.
Primary duties include driving sales and profit, building the team,
building customer loyalty, and leading execution of company
standards. This position is also responsible for promoting a safe
and productive work environment for all Team Members, customers,
and vendors, as well as training Team Members on the appropriate
application of policies and procedures. Must be at least 18 years
of age and possess a valid drivers license. Experience:
- Previous retail experience preferredEducation:
- High school diploma or the equivalent
- Bachelor degree in agricultural-science or business related
field desiredProfessional Certifications: None.Other knowledge,
skills, or abilities:
- Highly motivated leader capable of motivating others to achieve
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to resolve issues
ethically and with minimal conflict
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must have a Valid Drivers License if you drive for company
business List any licenses, certifications, registrations, systems
knowledge or any other relevant job skills or abilities not covered
in the Education and Experience section above. Indicate whether
these skills are required or preferred. (This section may be left
blank if not applicable).
- Perform and execute principle responsibilities.
- Process information / merchandise through system and POS
- Communicate effectively with team members and customers.
- Read, write, and count to accurately complete all
- Freely access all areas of the store including selling floor,
side lot, stock area and register area.
- Operate and use all equipment necessary to run a store such as
a dolly, hand-truck, forklift, computer and cash register.
- Squat, bend, stoop and climb ladders.
- Move and transfer merchandise generally weighing 0 50 pounds
throughout the store.
- Work varied hours, days, night and weekends as business
dictates, plus six days a week during peak seasons in the spring
- Work a minimum of 52 hours per week.
- Stand and walk for long periods of time often up to four hours
straight without a break.
- Travel to other store locations and to company functions.
- With guidance, assists in recruiting, hiring, developing,
evaluating, disciplining, and retaining efficient team
- Scheduling, organizing and planning daily activities for team
members to insure efficient store operations.
- Assists in training and leading team members in providing
exceptional customer service.
- With guidance, communicates company processes, policies and
directives to team members and monitoring their execution.
Evaluating those processes for effectiveness and coordinating with
district manager and/or regional manager to eliminate problems
- Creating a desirable work environment through promotions,
recognition and empowerment.
- With guidance, assists the Store Manager with problem solving
and conflict resolution for both team members and customers.
- Learns Sales and profit management accountable for achieving
top and bottom line.
- Promotes a safe and productive work environment for Team
Members and customers.
- Assists with the managing of daily merchandise flow to insure
adequate in-stock and inventory controls.
- Assists with the organizing of merchandise resets to company
specifications on a periodic basis.
- With guidance, implements and sustains merchandise presentation
per company standards.
- Reviewing and refreshing product displays
- Assists with evaluating competitive environment and working
with Operations and Merchandising teams to insure quality and
- Trained on daily, weekly and monthly processing of required
paperwork including but not limited to invoices, schedules, product
orders and returns, and POS reports.
- Trained to do periodic sales forecasting, payroll analysis and
- Trained on documentation of team member evaluations and
corrective action. INVENTORY:
- Trained on managing periodic price changes.
- Assists on communicating inventory needs to buyers and
- With guidance, works with the buyers, supply chain management,
district managers and distribution centers to solve inventory
- With guidance manages periodic inventory control process.
- Assists with the coordinating and conducting special sales
- Trained to assist district manager and other store managers in
solving district issues and support operational needs.
- Community involvement TEAM MEMBER RELATIONS:
- Set the tone for and reinforce the Mission and Values of
Tractor Supply Company and consistently develop the store as the
Employer of Choice
- Assists in addressing team member issues and concerns, working
with HR team when necessary.
- May assess and develop team members for advancement within the
- Provide a safe and productive work environment
- Trained to be responsible for budgeting and sales
- Responsible for auditing store processes May perform other
duties as assigned * (*) These tasks do not meet the ADA definition
of essential functions and are usually less than 5% of time spent;
however, these tasks still constitute important aspects of the job.
Tractor Supply Company (TSCO), the largest rural lifestyle retailer
in the United States, is dedicated to enhancing our strong company
culture built on our Team Members commitment to our Mission and
Values. With over 2,000 stores in 49 states and an innovative
e-commerce platform, Tractor Supply ranks in the Fortune 300 with
annual revenues of more than $12 billion and growing! Come grow
your career with us as we serve those who live Life out Here! Click
Here to See Why We are a Great Place to Work!
Tractor Supply Company offers a competitive Benefits package,
including Medical, Dental, & Vision plans, to all Full-time Team
Members as well as Part-time Team Members who are deemed eligible
based on a minimum hours requirement. In addition, TSC offers
access to other Benefits such as a Health Savings Account, Life
Insurance, 401(k), and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. TSC EQUAL
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICYAt Tractor Supply Company, we strive
to provide a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we
serve. Therefore, we are fully committed to complying with all
equal employment opportunity laws. It is the policy of Tractor
Supply Company to provide equal opportunity in employment to all
Team Members and applicants for employment. The Company will not
discriminate in employment against any person because of age, sex,
race, color, national origin, religion, disability, uniformed
service, veteran status, citizenship, pregnancy, genetic
information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other
legally protected status under applicable state or local law. This
policy applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of
employment; and to all policies of Tractor Supply Company
including, but not limited to, hiring, training, orientation,
placement and development, promotion, transfer, compensation,
benefits, educational assistance, layoff, social and recreational
programs, Team Member facilities, termination, and retirement.
Keywords: Tractor Supply Company, Amarillo , Store Manager - Unassigned, Executive , Amarillo, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!