Quality Assurance Manager
Company: Keystone Tower Systems
Posted on: November 25, 2022
*Keystone Tower Systems* is a wind turbine tower technology
company based in Denver, Colorado. Keystone has developed an
automated system for low cost, in-factory and on-site production of
towers for wind turbines, a technology that promises to reduce wind
energy cost and expand wind development to new regions. We are
currently expanding our team for commercial production and are
looking for smart people with a passion for excellence.
We are currently seeking a full-time *Quality Assurance Manager*
for our Production Factory in Pampa, TX.
*Job Summary: * The Quality Manager will be part of the team that
is producing the first commercial scale wind tower spiral welding
system. They will have the opportunity to be involved in the
implementation and continuous improvement of Keystone's overarching
Quality Management System (QMS), as well as helping to establish
all initial Quality processes required to support production
Job duties will include becoming very knowledgeable as a subject
matter expert (SME) for all specifications which the manufactured
hardware (product) must meet. Excellent communication and
coordination with Production leaders
& Sr. Management is required. This role provides oversight
management and facilitates documentation on required inspection
records including non-conformances and corrective actions as
applicable. This position will require a large amount of time at
the factory and on the production floor, coordinating with Quality
personnel. The candidate must be highly organized, very proactive,
and be able to quickly come up to speed on new concepts and willing
to lead a small team of Inspectors and Quality Team personnel.
*Job Duties: *
* Hands-on oversite with the implementation of a new Factory-level
Quality System to meet day to day Production process requirements
and customer specifications.
* Assist with refinement of Quality Dept. documentation such as
Production Work Instructions, Quality Record Inspection forms and
other related forms.
* Assist/facilitate communication between Operations Mgmt &
Engineering regarding Non-Conformance dispositions/resolution or
* Become extremely knowledgeable on the Product Specification(s)
and have the ability to interact & regularly communicate with the
Customer (Customer Quality Engineering and Reliability),
competently representing the organization in all Quality
* Experience implementing Quality processes in manufacturing
systems, solid understanding of general inspection methods for
welding fabrication (automated and manual), VT/MT/UT
Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) methods, and anti-corrosion/coatings
familiarity applied to product inspection processes.
* Previous experience with oversight and audit of in-process build
documentation (Travelers, NC's, Inspection records, other)
* Ultimately responsible for final product Signoffs, Pre-ship
Review Reqt's, and issuance of Certificate(s) of Conformance to
spec as well as shipping/uploading EIDP (build data pkg) to
Customer as required.
* Ability to effectively communicate with and administratively
manage personnel as a positive team leader.
*Required Education, Training, Knowledge, and Experience: *
* Previous experience with Production Manufacturing in a structured
Quality role highly desired.
* Solid understanding or experience following or managing Quality
processes in a manufacturing/factory environment.
* Experience with large/industrial machinery and heavy
manufacturing a plus.
* Fabrication and/or machining experience a plus.
* Technical background such as Quality/Reliability Inspector or
Technician, Mechanical and/or Electronics Technician, or
Manufacturing Engineer highly desired.
* Previous Quality Inspection experience and certification highly
* Ability to commute/work in a factory manufacturing environment
located within the panhandle region of TX.
*Core Skills, Competencies, and Characteristics: *
* Proficient in standard MS Office applications - Excel, Word,
SharePoint, Teams, PowerPoint.
* Experience with Gmail/Gmail Calendar functions, Slack Messenger,
Drop Box a plus.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Extremely organized, able to work on several tasks in parallel
related to Production WIP.
* Very careful and detail oriented with paperwork and general
* Able to work independently as well as with a team.
* Very strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to always interact professionally with external vendors
* Familiarity and/or experience working with or referencing complex
technical specifications to resolve/facilitate necessary repair or
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $85,000.00 - $120,000.00 per year
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
* Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Pampa, TX: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before
starting work (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Keystone Tower Systems, Amarillo , Quality Assurance Manager, Executive , Pampa, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!