Director of Human Resources
Company: Texas State Job Bank
Posted on: January 22, 2023
Human Resource DirectorJob Summary:The Human Resource Director
will plan, lead, direct, develop andcoordinate the policies,
activities, and staff of the Human Resourcedepartment, ensuring
legal compliance and implementation of theorganizations mission and
talent strategy.Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Recruits, interviews, hires and trains new staff in the
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance
- Collaborates with senior leadership to understand the
organizationsgoals and strategy related to staffing, recruiting and
- Plans, leads, develops, coordinates, and implements
policies,processes, training, initiatives and surveys to support
theorganizations human resource compliance and strategy needs.
- Administers or oversees the administration of human
resourceprograms including, but not limited to, compensation,
benefits, andleave; disciplinary matters; disputes and
investigations;performance and talent management; productivity,
recognition andmorale; occupational health and safety; and training
- Identifies staffing and recruiting needs; develops and executes
bestpractices for hiring and talent management.
- Conducts research and analysis of organizational trends
includingreview of reports and metrics from the organizations human
resourceinformation system (HRIS) or talent management system.
- Monitors and ensures the organizations compliance federal,
state andlocal employment laws and regulations, and recommended
bestpractices; reviews and modifies policies and practices to
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory
changes,and new technologies in human resources, talent management,
andemployment law; applies this knowledge to communicate changes
inpolicy, practice and resources to upper management.
- Develops and implements departmental budget.
- Facilitates professional development, training and
certificationactivities for HR staff.
- Performs other duties as required.Required Skills/Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the
organizationsHRIS and talent management systems.Education and
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business Administration,
orrelated field required
- At least five years of human resource management
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP highly preferred.Physical Requirements:
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.Job Type: Full-timePay:
\$75,000.00 - \$100,000.00 per yearBenefits:
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insuranceSchedule:
- 8 hour shiftAbility to commute/relocate:
- Dimmitt, TX 79027: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
beforestarting work (Required)Experience:
- Microsoft Office: 5 years (Preferred)License/Certification:
- Professional In Human Reso rces (Preferred)Work Location:
Keywords: Texas State Job Bank, Amarillo , Director of Human Resources, Executive , Dimmitt, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!