Dual General Manager
Company: Aimbridge Hospitality
Posted on: January 27, 2023
The Dual General Manager is a polished well-spoken and
well-regarded ambassador who carries a strong vision for the two
hotels they support. He or she is charged with responsibility for
all aspects of operations for their assigned properties; providing
support supervision and guidance to their management teams and
front line associates. He or she will ensure that financial
performance is optimized that high quality product and service
levels are maintained and that the hotels are operated in
compliance with state federal and local regulations as well as
Company and brand standards.The Dual General Manager will establish
priorities and lead key operational initiatives such as the sales
plan and budget development and execution of physical property
improvement projects. They will provide hands on leadership to
ensure that revenue is maximized while expenses are effectively
controlled. They will serve as the linchpin for communications with
guests and clients associates ownership corporate representatives
brand representatives and key vendors. Exempt managers must
customarily and regular direct the work of at least 2 full-time
associates or their equivalents. Primary duties must consist of
administrative executive or professional tasks more than 50 percent
of the time and job duties must also involve the use of discretion
and independent judgement more than 50 percent of the
- At least 6 years progressive experience in a hotel or a related
field; or a 4-year college degree and at least 4 to 5 years of
related experience; or a 2-year college degree and at least 5 to 6
years of related experience.
- Must be proficient in Windows operating systems Company
approved spreadsheets and word processing.
- Must have valid driver's license for the applicable state.
- Strong leadership and problem-solving skills will be used.
- This person will need to have strong speaking reading and
writing skills to ensure effective communication throughout the
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses
of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful high pressure situations.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace
including anticipating preventing identifying and solving problems
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information data
etc. from disparate sources and consider adjust or modify to meet
the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to understanding clarifying and
resolving the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information
and data and basic arithmetic functions.JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an
attentive friendly courteous and service oriented manner.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming
which include compliance with Aimbridge Hospitality dress code and
wearing a name tag when working (per brand standards).
- Comply with and ensure adherence to Aimbridge Hospitalitys
standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel
- Comply with certification requirements as applicable for
position to include: Food Handlers Alcohol Awareness CPR and First
- In conjunction with the Director of Sales ensure daily ABR
meetings focusing on the number of prospecting and existing account
calls each person will make and the potential business results of
- Assists in the creation and implementation of hotels annual
budget plan and monitors performance of the hotel throughout the
- Play a pivotal role in hotel sales efforts including calling on
top ten accounts meeting clients hosting luncheons and receptions
and meeting with on-site contacts on a daily weekly and monthly
- Tour the operating departments daily making adjustments as
needed via department heads.
- Conduct weekly staff meetings including weekly training
sessions presented by managers and self using the steps to
effective training according to Aimbridge Hospitalitys standards
and the review of previous and future sales and operations
- Conduct monthly financial calls with properties in a timely
- Hold a monthly financial review with all department managers
and available supervisors.
- Adhere to all Aimbridge Hospitality policies and procedures and
train new managers to ensure compliance.
- Ensure that training in service standards is taking place in
each department using the steps to effective training according to
Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Assist in creating a positive team-oriented environment which
focuses on the guest through employee development and
- Complete property visits on a consistent basis and provide trip
- Inspect rooms regularly (weekly at a minimum) with both the
Housekeeping Manager and Property Engineer.
- Ensure that all appropriate information for financial documents
is received by the Corporate Office monthly in compliance with the
monthly accounting calendar.
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of the physical property
through inspections and preventive maintenance programs with
- Ensure that employees are at all times attentive friendly
courteous and efficient in their interactions with guests managers
and all other employees.
- Review weekly and monthly financial position by estimating
revenues and line-by-line expenses. Analyze previous and projected
data to generate an accurate reforecast.
- Perform all department manager performance appraisals according
to Aimbridge Hospitality S.O.P.s and ensure that managers are in
compliance with the standards in their administration of
performance appraisals to their staff.
- Motivate coach counsel and discipline all management personnel
according to Aimbridge Hospitality S.O.P.'s and ensure that
managers are in compliance with the standards in their
administration of counseling and disciplinary steps.
- Ensure that all employees receive fair and equitable treatment
according to Aimbridge Hospitality S.O.P.'s.
- Meet sales clients on the property including meeting contacts
and potential clients touring the property to assist in the sales
- Be in the public areas during peak times greeting guests and
offering assistance as needed.
- Maintain procedures for handling of the hotel safe specifically
with regard to security and initiate a monthly safe audit.
- Conduct bi-monthly credit meetings and take an active role in
the hotel credit and collection policies.
- Complete required corporate training modules and become
certified to train those as required.
- Ensure that all scheduled meetings take place on the
property.As the global leader in third-party hotel management, our
growing portfolio represents over 1,550 hotels in all 50 states and
22 countries, from top international lodging brands to luxury
hotels, destination resorts and lifestyle hotels. Our associates
around the globe are passionate about serving our guests and
driving exceptional results, and thrive in a culture where everyone
is inspired to be the best. Join a world of possibility with
Aimbridge Hospitality.After an initial waiting period, those hired
into full time positions are eligible for a competitive benefits
package that includes the following:
- Now offering Daily Pay! Ask your Recruiter for more
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Income
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k Retirement PlanJob ID: 2022-198388 Full-Time/Part-Time:
Full-Time Street: 4305 N Prince St
Keywords: Aimbridge Hospitality, Amarillo , Dual General Manager, Executive , Clovis, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!