Assistant General Manager
Company: Old Chicago Pizza
Posted on: March 13, 2023
Position Title: Assistant General Manager
Reports to: Regional Manager
Summary: Provide exceptional Guest experiences every visit through
direction and leadership for complete operations of the restaurant.
Partner with Management Team in ensuring high standards of Guest
service and profitability while strictly adhering to the policies
and procedures of Samy's Old Chicago Pizza and Taproom.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execution of daily restaurant operations including supervision
of the hourly Team Members.
- Assist General Manager with execution of marketing and culinary
- Support all BOH operations and FOH operations including but not
limited to daily line checks, systems adherence, health
inspections, order guides, sales services, quality control of beer,
food order safety and sanitation, and prep lists.
- Ensure a safe environment for Guests and Team Members to reduce
the risk of injury and accidents; completes accident reports
follows procedure promptly in the event that a Guest or Team Member
- Oversee food preparation methods, portion sizes, garnishing and
presentation of food to ensure food is prepared and presented to
Old Chicago specifications.
- Support General Manager in ensuring that all financial
(invoices, reporting), HR, and Payroll administrative duties are
completed accurately, on time, and in accordance with company
policies and procedures.
- Monitor compliance with health and safety regulations regarding
food preparation and serving.
- Properly maintain building, equipment and supply levels through
contacting the correct companies/contractors for any daily
restaurant repair or maintenance issues, and utilizing basic
- Strictly follow company cash handling procedures and ensure the
proper security procedures are in place.
- Communicate with General Manager to monitor weekly
expenditures, proper invoice entry and coding, conduct weekly
inventory, determine accurate sales projections, manage food,
labor, and supply costs while meeting or exceeding budget.
- Promptly and professionally handle Guest complaints/comments to
ensure timely Guest recovery.
- Communicate all team member issues/complaints to management
team in a professional manner through manager meetings and/or
proper utilization of the digital manager log.
- Coach and assist management team in writing hourly Team Member
schedules based on budget.
- Ongoing coaching and development of hourly Team Members.
- Conduct semi-annual Performance Reviews with management team in
accordance to the Company's Performance Management
- Follow and understand company procedures at all times including
- Continually interview, hire and train team members to create a
- Understand and report Workers' Compensation and General
Liability Claims using proper procedures.
- Ongoing completion of Manager in Training projects as
- Assisting the General Manager in ensuring the success of all
programs and systems such as the MIT program, hourly training,
certified trainer, RISE.
- Attend and participate in weekly manager meetings and
communicate team member issues/complaints to management team in
manager meetings and/or by utilizing the digital manager log.
- Responsible for making appropriate decisions in a fast paced
environment (e.g., assign breaks, cut staff appropriately, side
- Other duties as assigned by Regional Manager, General Manager,
or Operations Leadership. Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Guest Service - knowledge of principles and processes for
providing Guest services. This includes active listening, Guest
needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and
evaluation of Guest satisfaction.
- Effective communication skills.
- Aptitude for driving sales through cultivation of new Guests
and retention of current Guests.
- Able to make appropriate decisions in a fast paced environment
(e.g., assign breaks, cut staff appropriately, side work,
- Menu, Food and Beverage Preparation Knowledge - in order to
properly prepare food and beverages.
- Coaching & Performance Management - ability to motivate,
develop, direct Team Members as they work.
- Able to analyze information and adhere to a financial
budget/P&L through utilizing math skills and reading
- Memorization - ability to memorize floor plans and pivot
- Working knowledge of all restaurant equipment, and local and
national health codes.
- Time Management - ability to manage individual's time and the
time of others.
- Able to utilize programs such as CTUIT, Aloha POS, Excel, Word,
and Outlook. Education & Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years working in restaurant environment.
- Minimum of 1 year working as an Assistant General Manager in a
full-service restaurant environment preferred.
- College degree preferred.
- Must be 21 years of age or older. Performance Standards:
- Meets all company service standards through overseeing all
hourly Team Members by:
- Consistently use safe food handling practices
- Prepare recipes according to CW specifications.
- Read and accurately follow instructions.
- Prepare items in a prescribed amount of time.
- Adhere to cleanliness and sanitation guidelines.
- Understand temperature danger zones and food storage hierarchy
(Serve Safe or other).
- Adheres to policies and procedures set forth in Handbook
including Appearance Standards.
- Upbeat and professional image; maintains positive attitude with
self, Guests, and Team Members.
- Completes all ongoing certifications/validations (LTO, new
- Maintain prompt and regular attendance.
- Maintain satisfactory OSAT scores for restaurant.
- Able to address & coach Team Members falling short of any of
the above. Working Conditions:
- 100% Walk and stand
- 90% Communicate with Guests and Team Members
- 50% Operate cash register, Point of Sale system, and cash
- 25% Reach, bend, stoop, wipe and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be available for work 50+ hours per week prior to, during
and beyond our hours of operations on any given day, subject to
scheduled and approved absences or time off. Training Requirements:
- Successful completion of alcohol and food certification
(ServSafe) and/or other required classes by state within 60 days of
- Successful completion of the CraftWorks Manager in Training
program often at store or nearby location.
Keywords: Old Chicago Pizza, Amarillo , Assistant General Manager, Executive , Liberal, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...