Physical Therapist - Amarillo
Company: Care Options for Kids
Posted on: June 25, 2022
PT or PTACare Options for Kids is a pediatric home health agency
built on the values of Integrity, Caring, Compassion, Commitment
and Excellence. We have created a strong and purposeful culture for
our employees that we extend outward to our patients, their
families, and our care partners in the community. Highlighting our
culture, 94% of our staff recommend COFK as a great place to work.
With our mentoring, growth opportunities, clinical research, and
wonderful benefits, and more, we're confident you'll love being a
part of the COFK family. We are looking for passionate,
enthusiastic therapists who are interested in being part of therapy
team backed and supported by a strong and thriving company.
Position Summary: The position of a Physical Therapist provides
coordinated physical therapy to patients of all age groups. Plans,
implements and evaluates patient care to restore or maintain
patient wellbeing. Plans, organizes and conducts a physical therapy
treatment program based on the medical referral and their
evaluation. Collaborates with interdisciplinary team. Essential Job
Functions include but are not limited to:
- Perform clinical pediatric assessment; identify patient needs
and appropriateness of patient.
- Applies concepts of infection control standard precautions in
coordinating/performing patient care activities to prevent
contamination and transmission of disease.
- Accepts clinical assignments that are consistent with education
and competence to care for patients.
- Document, prepare/revise and complete Plan of Care, progress
notes, phone orders and other clinical record documentation on an
ongoing basis. Revise the POC based on evaluation, ongoing
- Plan and provide appropriate treatment for neuro-muscular,
neurological and orthopedic disorders based on medical referral and
- Assist/instruct patient/family in transfer techniques
appropriate to patient abilities. Instruct on use of equipment such
as walkers, wheelchairs, canes, etc. in safe manner. Utilize
appropriate therapy equipment specific to patient diagnosis and
- Must meet mandatory continuing education requirements.
- Promotes compliance with all fiscal intermediary and/or other
third-party payers, through education, coaching and other
- Demonstrates commitment, professional growth, and
- Promote Agency philosophy and administrative policies to ensure
quality of care. Experience/Requirements:
- Current valid Texas state license to practice physical
- Two years' experience as a Physical Therapist in an acute care
or rehabilitation setting.
- Pediatric focus and experience preferred.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, with strong problem-solving skills and ability
to work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize time and meet
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of data and
- Knowledge of therapy skills as defined as generally accepted
standards of practice.
- Knowledge of durable medical equipment.
- Excellent communication - verbal and written, and interpersonal
- Responsive to requests.
- Reliable transportation, valid driver's license, and current
auto liability insurance.EDUCATION/LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS:
- Bachelors Masters, or PhD in Physical Therapy from an
Accredited Physical Therapy Program
- Current Valid Texas state license to practice physical therapy
Physical and Sensory Essential Functions:
- Requires prolonged standing and walking, some bending, pulling,
pushing, stooping, stretching and/or heavy lifting.
- Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity, sufficient
to operate a keyboard, telephone and other equipment.
- Requires working under some stressful conditions to meet
deadlines and patient needs and to meet patient/family
individualized psychosocial needs. Working Conditions:
- This job operates in an office, clinic and/or patients' home
with various conditions.
- Possible exposure to blood and bodily fluids and infectious
diseases with varying exposure to noise.
- Proof of current CPR and Hepatitis profile required.
- Ability to work flexible schedule and travel locally.
- Some exposure to unpleasant weather. Machines, Tools, Equipment
and Work Aids Used:
- Typical office equipment including Microsoft Office Suite and
Keywords: Care Options for Kids, Amarillo , Physical Therapist - Amarillo, Healthcare , Amarillo, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!