RN / Registered Nurse / Family Care Unit / FT / Nights - Med Surg
Company: Northwest Texas Healthcare System
Posted on: August 2, 2022
RN / Registered Nurse / Family Care Unit / FT /
Northwest Texas Healthcare System is a 495 bed system serving the
city of Amarillo and the surrounding region. We offer the ideal
combination of traditional values and the most advanced
technologies in healthcare, plus the conveniences of big city
living in a friendly, smaller-town atmosphere. From the beauty of
Palo Duro Canyon and great recreational facilities, to our quality
educational system, Amarillo is a great place to live and work.
A hospital is only as good as its caregivers. That's why we're
looking for health professionals who are dedicated and passionate
about their work. We're looking for employees who can add to our
culture of exemplary patient care and personal excellence. We're
looking for exceptional professionals who share our vision and
Visit us online at: https://www.nwths.com/careers
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides safe, competent nursing care for
patients in accordance with facility policies, standards, and
philosophy. Provides professional leadership and support to the
healthcare team. The concepts of Patient Centered Care will provide
the foundation for all nursing care. Demonstrates Service
Excellence standards at all times.
PROVISION OF SERVICES/CARE STANDARDS
* Develops, implements, and evaluates an age-appropriate plan of
care utilizing the nursing process, clinical skills, and patient
* Maintains professional behavior when dealing with issues or
conflicts, utilizing appropriate resources, as needed.
* Provides an environment conducive to safety for patients,
families, visitors, and employees.
* Assess risks to patient safety and implement the appropriate
* Complies with appropriate and approved standards, as outlined by
the organization and accrediting agencies.
* Complies with safety and injury prevention standards to minimize
risk to self, co-workers, patients, and visitors. The concepts of
the patient centered care delivery model will provide the
foundation for all nursing care.
WHAT DO OUR CURRENT NURSES VALUE AT NWTHS?
An environment that puts patient care first. One of the most
rewarding aspects of working as a Registered Nurse (RN) is
providing excellent care, comfort, and security to the patients and
families you treat, at their most vulnerable times. Having the
opportunity to grow, learn, and advance in your career. There are
very robust continuing education options and opportunities for
leadership development as a Registered Nurse (RN) with UHS.
Supportive and responsive leadership. Competitive salary and
comprehensive benefits package.
* -- Challenging and rewarding work environment
* -- Competitive Compensation and Generous Paid Time Off
* -- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug
* -- 401(K) with company match and discounted stock plan
* -- SoFi Student Loan Refinancing Program
* -- Career development opportunities within UHS and its 300+
* -- Tuition Reimbursement
* -- Retention Bonus Program
* -- Loan Forgiveness Program
One of the nation's largest and most respected providers of
hospital and healthcare services, Universal Health Services, Inc.
(UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and
performance. Growing steadily since its inception into an esteemed
Fortune 500 corporation, annual revenues were $11.6 billion in
2020. In 2021, UHS was again recognized as one of the World's Most
Admired Companies by Fortune; in 2020, ranked #281 on the Fortune
500; and listed #330 in Forbes ranking of U.S.' Largest Public
Companies. Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has 89,000
employees and through its subsidiaries operates 26 acute care
hospitals, 334 behavioral health facilities, 39 outpatient
facilities and ambulatory care access points, an insurance
offering, a physician network and various related services located
in 38 U.S. states, Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and the United
EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE AND LICENSES / REGISTRATIONS
* Graduate of an accredited or NLN-approved RN program
* Must successfully pass any pre-employment assessment(s).
* BLS from the American Heart Association (or obtained during
orientation) and maintain certification throughout employment
* Current state nursing license or permit to practice nursing in
the State of Texas.
* De-escalation training within 90 days of hire; does not require
* Ongoing compliance with demonstration of clinically pertinent
competencies as determined by the facility.
* BLS required
* NRP within 3 months of hire and maintain certification throughout
* STABLE within 12 months of hire does not have to be
* ACLS as assigned by Director/Manager
Labor & Delivery
* BLS from the American Heart Association upon hire until both NRP
and ACLS are obtained
* NRP within 3 months of hire and maintain certification throughout
* ACLS within 3 months of hire and maintain certification
* AWHONN Basic Fetal Monitoring completed within 90 days
* AWHONN Intermediate Fetal Monitoring within 6 months of hire
* AWHONN Intermediate/Advanced Fetal Monitoring alternating every 2
* HROB - Advanced fetal monitoring (AWHONN) required and must
maintain while active on the HROB team
Northwest Texas Healthcare System, a subsidiary of UHS, is not
accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this
employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All
resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at UHS via-email,
the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written
search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole
property of UHS. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is
hired by UHS as a result of the referral or through other
All UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment of
mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available
to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are equal
opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully commit
to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of
individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex
(including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation),
genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal,
state or local laws.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is
critical to our success.
At UHS and all our subsidiaries, our Human Resources departments
and recruiters are here to help prospective candidates by matching
skillset and experience with the best possible career path at UHS
and our subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a highly efficient
and best in class candidate experience. During the recruitment
process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or
personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo
Mail, etc. If you are suspicious of a job posting or job-related
email mentioning UHS or its subsidiaries, let us know by contacting
us at: https://uhs.alertline.com
Keywords: Northwest Texas Healthcare System, Amarillo , RN / Registered Nurse / Family Care Unit / FT / Nights - Med Surg, Healthcare , Amarillo, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!