Full Time Per Unit Field Registered Nurse Hospice - Guymon, OK - Hospice
Company: Mays Home Health
Posted on: August 3, 2022
Full Time Per Unit Field Registered Nurse Hospice - Guymon,
Health Watch Hospice
Job Title/Position: Registered Nurse
Reports To: Clinical Supervisor/Director of Nurses
- Is currently licensed as an RN through the State Board of
- Prefer one year's clinical experience, with current home
health, medical, surgical, or critical care experience.
- Demonstrates knowledge of appropriate skills for communicating
with individual ages of those served. Complies with accepted
professional standards and principles.
- Possesses and maintains good physical stamina and mental
health. Has completed the agency pre-employment health
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in
accordance with state and/or Agency requirements and is in good
- Is flexible and cooperative in fulfilling role
- Has excellent observation, good clinical judgment, and good
oral and written communication skills.
- Is self-directed with the ability to work with little
supervision; has good organizational skills.
--SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIESThe registered nurse regularly
re-evaluates the patient's nursing needs, initiates necessary
revisions to the plan of care, furnishes those services requiring
substantial and specialized nursing skill, initiates appropriate
preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures, prepares clinical
and progress notes, coordinates services, informs the physician and
other personnel of changes in the patient's condition and needs,
counsels the patient and family in meeting nursing and related
needs, participates in in-service programs, and supervises and
teaches other nursing personnel.--RESPONSIBILITIES AND
- Develops, prepares and maintains individualized patient/client
care documentation consistent with the plan of care. Submits
accurate documentation within one working day of visit/phone
- Assesses and provides patient/client and family/caregiver
education and information pertinent to diagnosis and plan of
- Participates in coordination of home health services,
appropriately reporting the patient's/client's condition, status,
and need for additional disciplines (HHA, OT, PT, MSW, ST,
Dietitian) to the RN Case Manager and/or Branch Supervisor on an
ongoing basis or documents rationale for not doing so.
- Uses equipment and supplies effectively and
- Provides those services requiring nursing skill, in accordance
with the plan of care signed by the physician. Demonstrates
competency in all skills required for the agency, which may include
but not limited to, venipunctures, infusion therapy, infusion
therapy device care, wound care, aseptic technique.
- Assesses client's continual care needs. Documentation addresses
problems identified in the on going assessment or provides
documentation of rationale for not doing so.
- Supervises home health aide at least every 14 days, teaches
Aide in duties of client care as needed, assesses client's need for
unskilled care and advises case manager of need for revision of
plan of care as appropriate. In ACHC Accredited offices, supervises
LVN/LPN every 55-60 days with or without LVN/LPN being present in
the home. Supervises plan of care delivered by LVN/LPN during
recertification/discharge visit and teaches LPN/LVN as
- Responsible for following all policies and procedures of the
Agency, regarding service delivery, documentation, and care
- Participates in on call rotation as assigned by
- Participates in Quality Improvement program of the agency. Can
verbalize own responsibilities and activities.
- Performs duties within the limits of preparation and
- Participates in public relations and community activities that
promote the Agencies role as an effective member of the health care
- Seeks and obtains sufficient information necessary to function
effectively in the health care setting where assigned. Responsible
for keeping current in nursing trends and knowledge. Participates
in In-service programs.
- Administers medications and/or treatments as prescribed by the
- Initiates and applies appropriate preventative, therapeutic and
rehabilitative procedures and techniques and maintains
communication regarding patient/client care with the physician,
other disciplines involved in the care, and supervisory
- Accepts responsibility of assignment to perform specialized
procedures, only when qualified.
- Observes the patient/client for changes in condition, discusses
changes with the patient/client or family/caregiver and reports
changes, as necessary, to the attending physician and/or RN Case
Manager. Documentation reflects communication and condition of the
- Teaches, supervises, and counsels the patient/client and
family/caregiver home nursing procedures, self-care techniques and
other care needs as appropriate to the patient's/client's
condition. Provides medication, diet and other instructions as
ordered by the physician and recognizes and utilizes opportunities
for health counseling with patients/clients and
- Assists the patient/client in maintaining an optimal, safe
environment. Other aspects and demands of the job not listed above:
The above statements are intended to be a representative summary of
the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of
this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related
tasks other than those stated in this description.
- General office
- Community and home environment
- Exposure to infectious diseases
- In and out of automobile.
- This position has been designated Class I Field staff position
(see Infection/Exposure Control Plan). Employees performing Class I
Field staff position duties may be involved in potential exposure
to blood borne pathogens and other potentially infectious
materials. All Class I Field staff position employees will be
offered Hepatitis B vaccination at no expense to the employee.
- Visual/hearing ability sufficient to comprehend written/verbal
- Ability to perform tasks involving physical activity, which may
include heavy lifting and extensive bending and standing.
- Ability to deal effectively with stress
--CONTINUING EDUCATION REQUIREMENTSMust meet the required
continuing education hours for state certification as a nurse in
Texas as applicable. Agency personnel are expected to participate
in appropriate continuing education as may be requested and/or
required by their immediate supervisor. In addition, agency
personnel are expected to accept personal responsibility for other
educational activities to enhance job related skills and abilities.
All agency personnel must attend mandatory educational
Keywords: Mays Home Health, Amarillo , Full Time Per Unit Field Registered Nurse Hospice - Guymon, OK - Hospice, Healthcare , Guymon, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!