Director of Education/QAPI Hospice
Company: Mays Home Health Care
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Health Watch Hospice
Job Title/Position:Director of Education/QAPI
Reports To:Chief Clinical Officer/Administrator
Job Description SummaryThe Director of Education/Quality Assessment
Performance Improvement is a professional, registered nurse
responsible for all of the quality activities of the organization,
for overall staff orientation, coordination of in-services, and
providing educational material/direction as the need arises. The
Director of Education/QAPI has accountabilities for the monitoring,
implementation and evaluation of process and programs to meet
regulatory, accreditation and standards of practice. Directs all
educational activities for the Agency.Essential Job
- Responsible for the implementation and monitoring of the
organization's QAPI program.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates orientation program for new
agency clinical personnel through a variety of media-in person and
e-learning as needed. Responsible for the coordination and
organization of orientation for all employees in branch offices,
including office and clinical positions.
- Develops, implements and revises, as needed, of training
manuals and materials to meet agency policy and state and federal
- Ensures that there are processes in place to monitor and
measure all activities related to performance improvement.
- Provides direction and coordination of quality assessment
activities utilizing continuous quality improvement principles and
- Coordinates activities related to clinical record review for
- Compiles, trends and reports quality data in the following
areas: patient care, safety, risk management, infection control,
outcomes, and customer satisfaction.
- Works collaboratively with nursing supervisors to assure
documentation is complete and consistent with care and reflects
- Chair Person of the Quality Assurance/Performance Improvement
Committee collaborates with management staff in follow-up of
concerns expressed by patients, families, staff, and
- Establishes a process model for improvement and provides
education and training to organization personnel on the performance
improvement plan, and team development.
- Evaluates agency orientation and education programs on at least
an annual basis; makes appropriate adjustments.
- Responsible for ensuring processes to monitor and evaluate
safety, risk management and infection control programs.
- Coordinates, educates and implements monitoring activities for
safety, risk management, and infection control.
- Coordinates mandatory in-service programs on OSHA regulations
for safety and infection control.
- Acts as resource to staff in identifying safety and risk
management issues for patients and staff.
- Reviews all incident reports for completeness, risk, standard
of care determination and appropriate follow-up. Maintains a log
for trending and makes recommendations related to trends
- Maintains current knowledge related to home care safety and
infection control standards.
- Collaborates with Director of Clinical Services and branch
supervisors to provide a process to promote and ensure employee
orientation, competency and in-service education programs.
- Assists in the identification of skills for annual competence
and provides in-service training support.
- Provides and maintains records of monthly in-services for
- Monitor organization compliance with regulatory and
- Maintains current knowledge related to Medicare Conditions of
Participation and CMS standards to ensure that the organization is
compliant with state, federal and accreditation
- Responsible for ensuring policies and procedures reflect all
related local, state, federal and CMS standards and makes
recommendation for policy changes to the governing board.
- Acts as a resource to branch supervisors regarding standards,
policies, regulations and provides in-service training to
leadership and staff as needed in these areas.
- Acts as a clinical resource to staff.
- Maintains updated nursing knowledge and skills.
- Assists with patient visits as needed.
- Assists with administrative call on a rotational basis and
clinical call as needed.
- Provides assistance to community education coordinators in
meeting community education needs.
- Makes public speaking engagements as scheduled by the community
- Maintain positive relationships with referral sources.
- Maintain positive image in the community.
- Acts as representative of the organization at community
meetings, civic and professional organizations as needed.
- Promote self-growth and collegial relationships with others in
the hospice industry.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending
educational workshops, reviewing professional publications,
establishing personal and professional networks and participates in
professional organizations or societies.
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary
of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of
this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related
tasks other than those stated in this description.Position
- Registered nurse with current licensure to practice
- Prefer Bachelor's degree in Nursing from an accredited program
by the National League for Nursing.
- Three (3) to five (5) year's clinical nursing experience. (An
emphasis in hospice care nursing is preferred).
- Excellent understanding of performance improvement, quality
assurance, and utilization management.
- Is self-directed and able to work with minimal
- Has excellent coordination and communication skills.
- Computer skills at an intermediate level. Ability to develop
interesting and dynamic presentations.
- This position requires travel.
Keywords: Mays Home Health Care, Amarillo , Director of Education/QAPI Hospice, Healthcare , Liberal, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!