PRN Licensed Practical Nurse
Company: Mays Home Health
Posted on: November 25, 2022
At Mays, we take pride in the quality service that we provide our
patients. If you have a passion for providing excellent care to
patients, we want you to be part of our work family. Whether your
field is nursing, therapy, personal care, administration, or
marketing-at the end of the day, it is all about our patients that
we get the honor of serving.
1. Is currently licensed as a licensed practical nurse or licensed
vocational nurse in the State.
2. Prefer one year nursing experience. Community/home health or
medical/surgical experience is preferred.
3. Demonstrates knowledge of appropriate skills for communicating
with individual ages of those served.
4. Complies with accepted professional standards and practice.
5. Possesses and maintains good physical stamina and mental health.
Has completed the agency pre-employment health clearance.
6. Is self-directed with the ability to work with little
supervision; has good organizational skills.
7. Is flexible and cooperative in fulfilling role obligation.
8. Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in
accordance with state and/or Agency requirements and is in good
working order. *
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES*
The licensed practical/vocational nurse furnishes services in
accordance with agency policies, prepares clinical and progress
notes, assists the physician and registered nurse in performing
specialized procedures, prepares equipment and materials for
treatments observing aseptic technique as required; and assists the
patient in learning appropriate self-care techniques. (COP
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES*
1. Provides safe home health services to patients/clients and
2. Implements plan of care initiated by the RN Case Manager in
collaboration with the physician. Assists the registered nurse or
physician in carrying out the plan of care.
3. Develops, prepares, and maintains individualized patient/client
care documentation consistent with the plan of care. Submits
4. Assesses and provides patient/client and family/caregiver
education and information pertinent to diagnosis and plan of care
as established by the registered nurse. Documentation addresses
problems identified in the on going assessment or provides
documentation of rationale for not doing so. Documentation reflects
communication and condition of the patient.
5. Participates in coordination of home health services,
appropriately reporting the patient's/client's condition, status,
and need for additional disciplines (HHA, OT, PT, MSW, ST,
Dietitian) to the RN Case Manager and/or Branch Supervisor on an
6. Assists the patient/client and family/caregiver in learning home
nursing procedures, self-care techniques and other care needs as
appropriate to the patient's/client's condition. Provides
medication, diet and other instructions as directed by the
registered nurse and ordered by the physician.
7. Uses equipment and supplies effectively and efficiently.
8. Participates in personal professional growth and development.
Responsible for keeping current in nursing trends and knowledge.
Participates in In-service programs. Participates in Quality
Improvement program of the agency. Can verbalize own
responsibilities and activities.
9. Participates in public relations and community activities that
promote the Agencies role as an effective member of the health care
10. Responsible for following all policies and procedures of the
Agency, regarding service delivery, documentation, and care
11. Participates in on call rotation as assigned by supervisor.
Other aspects and demands of the job not listed above: The above
statements are intended to be a representative summary of the major
duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job.
The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other
than those stated in this description. *
1. Community and home environment.
2. Exposure to infectious diseases.
3. In and out of automobile.
4. This position has been designated Class I Field staff position
(see Infection/Exposure Control Plan). Employees performing Class I
Field staff position duties may be involved in potential exposure
to blood borne pathogens and other potentially infectious
materials. All Class I Field staff position employees will be
offered Hepatitis B vaccination at no expense to the employee.
1. Visual/hearing ability sufficient to comprehend written/verbal
2. Ability to perform tasks involving physical activity, which may
include heavy lifting and extensive bending and standing.
3. Ability to deal effectively with stress *
CONTINUING EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS*
Must meet the required continuing education hours for state
certification as a nurse in Texas as applicable. Agency personnel
are expected to participate in appropriate continuing education as
may be requested and/or required by their immediate supervisor. In
addition, agency personnel are expected to accept personal
responsibility for other educational activities to enhance job
related skills and abilities. All agency personnel must attend
mandatory educational programs. Job Type: Part-time Standard
* Day shift
* On call
* Monday to Friday Work Location: One location
Keywords: Mays Home Health, Amarillo , PRN Licensed Practical Nurse, Healthcare , Liberal, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!