PRN Per Unit Certified Home Health Aide
Company: Mays Home Health
Posted on: November 25, 2022
*SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION*
The home health aide is a paraprofessional member of the home care
team who works under the supervision of a Registered Nurse or
Therapist and performs various personal care services as necessary
to meet the patient's/client's needs. The home health aide is
responsible for observing patients/clients, reporting these
observations and documenting observations and care performed. The
home health aide will be assigned in a manner which promotes
quality, continuity and safety of a patient's/client's care.
*RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES*
1. Provides personal care including: A. Baths B. Back rubs C. Oral
hygiene D. Shampoos E. Changing bed linen F. Dressing and
undressing patients/clients G. Skin care and prevention of skin
breakdown H. Toileting activities I. Performs supportive services,
such as homemaking, and other environmental services, which
facilitate receiving sanitary and safe care at home.
2. Prepares nutritious meals including providing medically
prescribed diets under supervision.
3. Assists in feeding the patient/client, if necessary. Policy
4. Takes and records oral, rectal and axillary temperatures, pulse,
respiration and blood pressure when ordered (within the training
limitations of the aide).
5. Assists in ambulation and exercise according to the plan of
6. Performs range of motion and other simple procedures as an
extension of therapy service as ordered (within the training
limitations of the aide).
7. Assists patient/client in the self-administration of
8. Meets safety needs of patients/clients and using equipment
safely and properly (foot stools, side rails, restraints, etc.).
Applies safety principles and proper body mechanics to performance
of specific techniques of personal and supportive care such as
ambulating of client, transferring clients, assisting with normal
range of motion and positioning, and doing household chores.
9. Observes, reports and documents changes in patient's/client's
condition, status and significant changes or expectations of
service promptly to the assigned RN Case Manager or Branch
10. Adheres to the Agency's documentation and care procedures and
standards of personal and professional conduct. Documents care
provided accurately and submits visit records within one working
day of the visit.
11. Participates in public relations and community activities that
promote the Agencies role as an effective member of the health care
12. Recognizes emergency situations and implements appropriate
emergency procedures when indicated.
13. Utilizes good infection control procedures in relation to
performance of duties. Follows agency procedures in all
14. Uses equipment and supplies responsibly. Takes care to prevent
spill and breakage incidents in the home.
15. Respects rights of client including the client's right to
privacy and respects the client's property; adheres to Agency
confidentiality policy and maintains professional objectivity.
16. Attends in-service according to Agency policy. Meets Agency
requirements annually. Other aspects and demands of the job not
listed above: The above statements are intended to be a
representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities
performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be
requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in
The home health aide will not function in any manner viewed as the
practice of nursing according to the State's Nurse Practice Act.
Specifically, the home health aide will not administer medications,
take physician's orders or perform procedures requiring the
training, knowledge and skill of a nurse, specifically sterile
1. Community and home environment
2. Exposure to infectious diseases
3. In and out of automobile
4. This position has been designated Class I Field visit staff (see
Infection/Exposure Control Plan). Employees performing Class I
Field visit staff duties may be involved in potential exposure to
blood borne pathogens and other potentially infectious materials.
All Class I Field visit staff employees will be offered Hepatitis B
vaccination at no expense to the employee.
1. Visual/hearing ability sufficient to comprehend written/verbal
2. Ability to perform tasks involving physical activity, which may
include heavy lifting/moving up to and extensive bending and
3. Ability to deal effectively with stress.
4. Other aspects and demands of the job not listed above:
*CONTINUING EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS*
*Must meet the required continuing education hours for state
certification/federal regulation as a home health aide (COP
§484.36(b)(2). Agency personnel are expected to participate in
appropriate continuing education as may be requested and/or
required by their immediate supervisor. In addition, agency
personnel are expected to accept personal responsibility for other
educational activities to enhance job related skills and abilities.
All agency personnel must attend mandatory educational programs.*
Job Type: Part-time
Keywords: Mays Home Health, Amarillo , PRN Per Unit Certified Home Health Aide, Healthcare , Liberal, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!