LPN/LVN - Nurse Navigator
Company: Universal Health Services
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Job Summary: The ACO LVN Navigator is a licensed clinical LVN who
functions as a liaison between the patient's primary care provider,
the patient or caregiver, and the multidisciplinary healthcare team
to assist in developing an optimal plan of care. The ACO Nurse
Navigator assesses needs and coordinates resources to promote
optimal health benefits and outcomes. The ACO LVN Navigator will
provide clinical and social assessments in multiple care settings,
including over the phone, the emergency department, primary care
provider's office, skilled nursing facilities, and in rare cases,
the patient's home. The ACO LVN Navigator will work to build
rapport with primary care providers, office staff, patients, and
their families to support and expedite timely transitions of care
and appropriate utilization.
This position requires a high frequency of contact with the very
high risk ACO patient and their caregivers for education of health
promotion and self-care skills as well as facilitating compliance
with the required quality measures for all ACO patients. An ACO LVN
Navigator will also ensure the communication of a patient's
treatment plan and general status to all care givers during all
transitions of care.
* Collaborates with ED physicians, primary care physicians,
post-acute facilities, home health agencies, patients and deemed
patient representatives to educate on their disease process and
align them with appropriate resources.
* Ability to earn and maintain trust of patients, patient
representatives, physicians and health care providers.
* Identifies needs of the patient and patient representatives and
ensures sensitivity to any special needs of the patient.
* Identifies high-risk patients and coordinates resources to meet
* Facilitates problem solving and decision-making by providing
guidance, knowledge of PAC utilization requirements, wellness
resources, and supportive services and options to the patient,
patient representative and health care providers.
* Timely documented communication and education with physician,
patients and patient representatives regarding opportunities for
modification of patient health risk factors.
* Participates in care conferences to enhance communication and
promote continuity of care.
* Works closely with the primary care provider office staff as well
as contracted vendors and support staff to facilitate timely
transitions of care.
* Researches service resources in the community and elsewhere to
meet patient needs consistent with plan benefits.
* Prepares accurate and timely required department reports related
* Graduation from an accredited LPN/LVN certification program.
* Licensed by the State of Texas as an LVN.
* Minimum of two years' experience as an LPN/LVN
* Ability to effectively communicate in English, both verbally and
* Ability to document in different electronic health records as
well as utilize Microsoft Products
Keywords: Universal Health Services, Amarillo , LPN/LVN - Nurse Navigator, Healthcare , Amarillo, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!