Part Time Dentist with Benefits and Sign on Bonus
Company: Wexford Health Sources Inc
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Correctional Medicine opening in Clayton, New Mexico. This and
other dentist jobs brought to you by DentistJobCafe.com
SCHEDULE: Part Time 20 Hours Per Week
FACILITY: Northeast NM CF
LOCATION: Clayton, NM
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is a member of the Wexford family: a
group of the nation's leading innovative correctional health care
companies. At Wexford Health Sources, Inc., our philosophy is that
health care should not be considered a luxury for anyone. We simply
care for those in need and the corrections environment is our
- A Dentist, licensed in the state of New Mexico, is responsible
and accountable for supervising the dental staff and managing the
dental activity as well as for providing oral health care to
patients such as fillings, extractions, dentures, root canals,
- Provides overall supervision of the dental department including
hiring, coaching, counseling, administering discipline and
termination of subordinate staff as needed.
- Provides preventive and restorative treatment to all
- Performs and interprets radiographic examinations as
- Performs all general dentistry services including, but not
limited to restorative, surgical, periodontal, endodontic and
prosthodontic services as described by facility policy.
- Supervise staff in: cleaning of teeth, making impressions for
prosthetic devices, planning and maintaining an oral hygiene
program, completing appropriate records accurately and all
procedures associated with the provision of dental care.
- Arrange proper referral for procedures that cannot be performed
on-site at facility.
- Provides supervision of staff in instruction of inmates in
preventive practices for maintaining proper oral hygiene.
- Forward all outside referrals of offenders to the Medical
Director to assure the necessity for such referrals.
- Serves as clinical authority on all matters related to the
delivery of dental services, and provides direction, guidance, and
oversight to the dental staff and programs.
- Determines the timeframes for non-emergent and elective
treatments according to priority and availability.
- Determines the appropriateness of non-routine treatment and
ensure that such treatment will not interfere Examines patients and
documents findings on standard forms, utilizing applicable dental
classification systems (i.e., APHA).
- Notifies the Wexford Health Staffing Department of vacant or
upcoming vacant positions in a timely manner and actively assists
the Staffing Department in the filling of vacant
- Is familiar with overtime and commodities budgets and works to
remain within budget.
- Complies with and enforces Wexford Health/Facility policy and
procedures and ensures subordinate compliance.
Keyphrases: correctional medical services jobs, correctional
medicine jobs, correctional health services jobs, prison health
Keywords: Wexford Health Sources Inc, Amarillo , Part Time Dentist with Benefits and Sign on Bonus, Healthcare , Clayton, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!