CLINICAL DIETITIAN - DIETARY - PRN - DAY / WEEKEND
Company: Universal Health Services, Inc.
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Northwest Texas Healthcare System is a 495 bed system serving the city of Amarillo and the
surrounding region. We offer the ideal combination of traditional values and the most advanced
technologies in healthcare, plus the conveniences of big city living in a friendly, smaller-town
atmosphere. From the beauty of Palo Duro Canyon and great recreational facilities, to our quality
educational system, Amarillo is a great place to live and work.
A hospital is only as good as its employees. That's why we're looking for professionals who are
dedicated and passionate about their work. We're looking for employees who can add to our culture of
exemplary patient care and personal excellence. We're looking for exceptional professionals who share
our vision and values.
Visit us online at: https://www.nwths.com/careers Position: DIETITIAN The Registered Dietitian is responsible for assessing the nutritional status of the
inpatient/outpatient population of NWTHS; developing a nutritional plan of care and implementing Medical Nutrition
Therapy alongside an interdisciplinary team. The Registered Dietitian will assist training and performance improvement as
needed, and provide education to the community periodically. The Eating Disorder Dietitian is responsible for assessing the nutritional status of the inpatient
acute and behavioral health patients with eating disorders or disordered eating as well as providing one on one outpatient
counseling to patients with eating disorders or disordered eating from community referrals and behavioral health IOP. The
Eating Disorder Dietitian will develop a nutritional plan of care and implement Medical Nutrition Therapy alongside an
interdisciplinary team. The Eating Disorder Dietitian will assist in training and performance improvement as needed, and
provide inpatient care to other patient populations as needed. Benefit Highlights:
* Challenging and rewarding work environment
* Competitive Compensation and Generous Paid Time Off
* Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plans
* 401(K) with company match and discounted stock plan
* SoFi Student Loan Refinancing Program
* Career development opportunities within UHS and its 300+ Subsidiaries!
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Retention Bonus Program
* Loan Forgiveness Program One of the nation's largest and most respected providers of hospital and healthcare services, Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Growing steadily since its inception into an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, annual revenues were $12.6 billion in 2021. During the year, UHS was again recognized as one of the World's Most Admired Companies by Fortune; and listed in Forbes ranking of America's Largest Public Companies. Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has 89,000 employees and continues to grow through its subsidiaries. Operating acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities, outpatient facilities and ambulatory care access points, an insurance offering, a physician network and various related services located all over the U.S. states, Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and the United Kingdom.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE AND LICENSES/REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
1. Bachelor's Degree Required
2. Registered Dietitian/Licensed Dietitian registered in state of Texas; or RD eligible.
3. BLS from the American Heart Association upon hire, or within 90 days of hire date.
4. One-year experience as a dietitian in a healthcare setting preferred
5. Good written and oral communication skills required.
6. Typing and basic computer skills desired.
7. Experience with Microsoft Office applications preferred.
8. Must successfully complete the pre-employment assessment. Physical and Sensory Requirements:
1. Ability to read and write English.
2. Ability to communicate with staff, physicians, support agencies, vendors, and others.
3. Ability to remain calm under stress.
4. Bending, kneeling, crouching, twisting, lifting (10-30 lbs), grasping, fine hand/eye coordination, pushing and
pulling, prolonged standing or sitting.
5. Quantitative/mathematical ability (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, standard/metric measurement).
6. Will be subjected to cold when entering refrigerator and freezer as well as fumes from chemicals, cooking odors,
gases and odors from patient rooms.
7. Potential hazards from cuts from knives and meat slicer and/or burns from cooking and heating surfaces. MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT, AND WORK AIDS USED:
1. Occasionally subjected to long and/or irregular hours
2. Frequent/strenuous physical effort (e.g. lifting, moving heavy objects, etc.) Disclaimer
Northwest Texas Healthcare System, a subsidiary of UHS, is not accepting unsolicited assistance from
search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted
by search firms to any employee at UHS via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without
a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of UHS. No
fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by UHS as a result of the referral or through other
All UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal
employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are equal
opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully commit to recruitment, selection, placement,
promotion and compensation of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including
pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, disability status,
protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.
At UHS and all our subsidiaries, our Human Resources departments and recruiters are here to help
prospective candidates by matching skillset and experience with the best possible career path at UHS
and our subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a highly efficient and best in class candidate experience.
During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information
(Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, etc. If you are suspicious of a job
posting or job-related email mentioning UHS or its subsidiaries, let us know by contacting us at:
https://uhs/alertline.com or 1-800-852-3449
Keywords: Universal Health Services, Inc., Amarillo , CLINICAL DIETITIAN - DIETARY - PRN - DAY / WEEKEND, Healthcare , Amarillo, Texas
here to apply!