Registered Nurse - Referral Coordination Initiative - Amarillo, Texas - Med Surg
Company: Amarillo VA Health Care System
Posted on: May 22, 2023
Registered Nurse - Referral Coordination Initiative - Amarillo,
- Takes responsibility for Consult coordination and patient flow
management, including appointment management, triage of patients,
patient education, monitoring of patient progress toward
predetermined goals and timely follow-up
- Participates in clinic for setting patients' goals of care as
part of the interdisciplinary team.
- Utilizes the nursing process in managing, developing,
implementing, and evaluating each patient's individual plan in
collaboration with the interdisciplinary care team to attain
specific clinical outcomes in the outpatient specialty clinic
- Communicates with Veterans: health care options including local
VA, other VA Medical Centers, and the community based on
eligibility criteria for community care per National Directives
(i.e. MISSION Act).
- Works closely with other VA Medical Centers, contracted
facilities, and community facilities to remove obstacles that would
impede the Veteran from utilizing the services of other VA Medical
Centers or community not available at our facility.
- Participates in the development and implementation of
recommended policies and procedures as related to Consult Referral
Coordination and/or designated clinical area.
- Maintains and upgrades own knowledge base and skills regarding
Consult Referral Coordination and/or specific clinical areas and
applies this knowledge to nursing practice.
- Receives alerts for consults, assists with ordering and
coordinating appropriate tests, obtaining reports and
communications with the referring provider, private institutions,
and physicians, to expedite patient appointments.
- Collaborates with clinic staff to ensure patients are given
timely appointments and expedites consults.
- Assists in the coordination of Care in the Community (CITC)
between the VA and outside facilities and physician
- Provides documentation to HIMS staff for scanning into the
patient's medical record.
- Assists in reviewing and approving consults based on
established criteria and service agreements.
- Communicates with patients and other staff as needed to confirm
consult status and care received, triages and applies a
collaborative team approach in identifying, analyzing, and
resolving patient care problems.
- Collects patient data by interview, examination, and review of
records systematically; completes data collection forms as required
and documents in the electronic health record as needed.
- Establishes work priorities to accomplish assignments timely,
achieve program and system goals, and meet established
- Demonstrates proficiency in advanced and highly technical
skills necessary for the CITC Program specifically related to
consults review and approval, appointment verification and
obtaining appropriate documentation if needed.
- Completes assignment and evaluates data in relation to the
health system's goals and objectives.
- Initiates, provides, maintains, and analyzes accurate
documentation and databases.
- Works collaboratively with other services and refers questions
about eligibility to appropriate staff, notifies appropriate
service when problems or issues occur.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate through role modeling
and instruction of positive communication skills to promote an
environment of acceptance, openness, and feedback.
- Recognizes the need for assistance, clinical and
administrative, and requests assistance as appropriate.
- Maintains effective working relationship with professionals and
support personnel within or outside of the service.
- Serves as a resource for other team members and participates in
planning for program improvements at the local level.
- Consults with provider with questions regarding consults and
for quality-of-care issues.
- Creates consults from Secondary Authorization Requests from
Community Providers by transcribing requests to an electronic
health record order for VA PCP to sign and authorize care.
Permanent Change of Station (PCS)
Financial Disclosure Report:
Paid Time Off:
Keywords: Amarillo VA Health Care System, Amarillo , Registered Nurse - Referral Coordination Initiative - Amarillo, Texas - Med Surg, Healthcare , Amarillo, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...