Company: US Department of Veteran Affairs
Posted on: September 13, 2018
The Amarillo VA Health Care System is currently recruiting for a Board certified/eligible Oncologist/Hematologist. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Manage hematology/oncology patients; provide outpatient clinics and inpatient consultations. Teaching of medical students and/or residents may be required.
- Education and evaluation of health care students, to include Physician Assistant students.
- Administrative duties to include quality assurance reviews, drug utilization reviews and other administrative duties as assigned. Work Schedule: Monday- Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm with possible evenings, nights, callbacks, weekends, and/or holidays. Financial Disclosure Report: Not required Compressed/Flexible: Available Virtual: This is not a virtual position Recruitment / Relocation Incentive: A Recruitment/Relocation incentive may be authorized for a highly qualified candidate.Basic Requirements:
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Physical requirements outlined below. Preferred Experience: Board Certified Hematologist/Oncologist Physician who has experience working with inpatient and outpatient settings and also participating in teaching of residents and students. Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office. Physical Requirements: This position will require walking, standing, repeated bending for up to 7 hours. Pushing for up to 4 hours. Heavy lifting and carrying, 45 pounds and over. The use of both hands and legs and are required. Must be able to reach above the shoulder with the ability to distinguish shades of colors. Physicians should be physically and mentally capable to perform the duties of this position.NoneTo apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes (upload C.V. as resume document type):
- Resume VA Form 10-2850 - Application for Physicians, Dentists, Podiatrists, Optometrists & Chiropractors can be found at: The following documents are accepted, and may be required if applicable to your eligibility and/or qualifications for this position. Please use this checklist to ensure you have included all documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), SF-50's, etc.
- Cover Letter
Keywords: US Department of Veteran Affairs, Amarillo , Physician- Oncologist/Hematologist, Healthcare , Amarillo, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!