Unit Clerk/CNA - Northwest Emergency (MAIN LOCATION) - FT
Company: Northwest Texas Healthcare System
Posted on: August 10, 2019
Northwest is a 495 bed system serving the city of Amarillo and the
surrounding region. We offer the ideal combination of traditional
values and the most advanced technologies in healthcare, plus the
conveniences of big city living in a friendly, smaller-town
atmosphere. From the beauty of Palo Duro Canyon and great
recreational facilities, to our quality educational system,
Amarillo is a great place to live and work.
A hospital is only as good as its caregivers. That's why we're
looking for allied health professionals who are dedicated and
passionate about their work. We're looking for employees who can
add to our culture of exemplary patient care and personal
excellence. We're looking for exceptional professionals who share
our vision and values.
The Unit Clerk/Certified Nursing Assistant assists the RN with
implementation of an age appropriate plan of care through tasks
routinely delegated by the RN, based on the patient's condition and
the individual's skills. Maintains professional behavior when
dealing with issues or conflicts, utilizing appropriate resources,
as needed. Assists the RN to provide an environment conducive to
safety for patients, visitors and employees. The concepts of the
patient centered care delivery model will provide the foundation
for all nursing care. Provides clerical support, performs unit
based medical records duties and coordinates unit needs.
Northwest Texas Healthcare System is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected
Northwest Texas Healthcare System, a subsidiary of UHS, is not
accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this
employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All
resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at UHS via-email,
the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written
search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole
property of UHS. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is
hired by UHS as a result of the referral or through other
EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE AND LICENSES/REGISTRATIONS
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* BLS certification from the American Heart Association or obtain
within 3 months of hire date and maintain certification throughout
* Must possess one of the following:
* CNA certificate
* 2 years experience providing patient care
* EMT certification
* Currently enrolled in LVN, ADN, or BSN School of Nursing with
completion of fundamentals
* Medical Assistant certification
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS
* Ability to read, write, and speak English.
* Bending, lifting (25 lb. minimum), grasping, fine hand
coordination, pushing, pulling, squatting.
* Ability to twist and stoop
* Ability to communicate with patients, families, staff and
* Ability to remain calm under stress
* Ability to comprehend and follow instructions
* Ability to response to pages
* Quantitative/mathematical ability (addition, subtraction,
multiplication, division, standard/metric measurement)
* Ability to repeatedly twist, squat, and stoop
* Sitting/standing long periods of time.
* Reaching for and handling charts, reports and supplies.
Keywords: Northwest Texas Healthcare System, Amarillo , Unit Clerk/CNA - Northwest Emergency (MAIN LOCATION) - FT, Healthcare , Amarillo, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!