HR Lead- Amarillo
Company: OWENS CORNING
Posted on: January 15, 2022
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Human Resources Lead for the Amarillo Plant provides functional
expertise and leadership supporting one or more departments within
our fiberglass facility of -500 Employees. Specifically,
accountable for executing people related strategies that elevate
the talent and capability of the teams within the facility.This
individual will be a key member of the salaried Leadership Team and
provide human resources functional leadership to ensure a highly
engaged work force driving business results.
Reports to: Amarillo HR LeaderSpan of Control: 1-2 Direct Reports
(HR administrator and/or 2 Training Coordinators)
JOB RESPONSIBILITIESDeveloping and Executing HR Strategies - This
role contributes to the development of Human Resources and T&D
Strategies, is accountable for implementing plans that elevate the
talent capability of the supported organizations and improves
organizational results by measuring performance. Can effectively
diagnose root cause and implementing innovative solutions.
- Performs as the TPM Training and Development Co-Pillar Leader
at the site responsible for the execution of TPM progress through:
Skills Matrices, loss analysis, and Training Center
- Improves organizational results by measuring and assessing
performance, diagnosing opportunities and implementing
- Contributes to general business strategy discussions outside of
the HR arena.
- Provides insight into resources and investments required to
achieve the talent needs of the business, focusing on work design,
organizational structure and people requirements.
- Is a backup to HR admin to support on recruitment and payroll
- Acts as a role model for employees' growth, development and
- Leads employee relations initiatives within departments they
support. This includes working with site Leadership to ensure
consistent execution of company policy and practices and compliance
with all statutory regulations as required, to avoid
- Develops a reputation and operates as a trusted advisor and
business partner to the business and functional leaders,
functioning as the expert on people and organizational issues.
Leading and Developing Talent: Leads, coaches and teaches leaders
to create an environment where talent is developed through
effective coaching, performance management and talent evaluation.
Fills open positions with speed, with fully capable talent, using
the appropriate mix of internal promotions and external recruitment
to meet the needs of the organization. Leverages and maximizes all
tools, technology and resources to develop talent; including, OC
Centers of Excellence and functional business team members.
- Performs recruitment activities for hourly roles.
- Supports engagement programs to ensure every person is engaged,
starting with safety.
- Partner with local technical college or other local resources
to build relevant training programs to ensure a highly skilled
- Knows, coaches, evaluates and teaches OC Leadership
Capabilities to the business / functional areas.
- Partners with functional leaders to develop and deliver key
communications to engage employees.
- Inspires teamwork across staff functions and other business
groups to maximize the performance of Owens Corning and the
development of people. Communicates business / function strategy
and performance to external customers effectively and engages them
in the vision of the business.
JOB REQUIREMENTSMINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's Degree in human resources management, business or a
- 2+ years of progressive HR experience required, including plant
- Proven track record of success in driving engaged organization
by leading HR strategies.
- Proven track record of success in serving as a business partner
to other business leaders and driving strong business results.
- Ability to interact with Employees across all levels of the
- Prior Lean manufacturing (TPM, Six Sigma, etc.) experience
- Plant experience is required.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Change Agent: Effectively leads change, action and results.
Experienced in leading initiatives through periods of significant
change. Capable of executing highly innovative HR programs that
help to take the business to the next level of success. Experience
in building a high-performance culture that balances results
orientation with caring for the individual.
- Business Acumen: Demonstrates understanding of the financials
and metrics of the business.
- HR Expertise: Current knowledge of best practice for human
resources processes, tools including the areas of performance
management, compensation, recruiting, talent development and
succession management, labor and employee relations for the
ownership and implementation by leaders.
- Communication skills: (written and oral) to effectively
communicate with people across all levels of the organization.
- Coaching skills: Partners with others to assess a situation,
create action plans and provide ongoing support to drive increased
performance.#LI-KM2#LI-KM2About Owens CorningOwens Corning is a
global building and industrial materials leader. The company's
three integrated businesses are dedicated to the manufacture and
advancement of a broad range of insulation, roofing and fiberglass
composite materials. Leveraging the talents of 19,000 employees in
33 countries, Owens Corning provides innovative products and
sustainable solutions that address energy efficiency, product
safety, renewable energy, durable infrastructure, and labor
productivity. These solutions provide a material difference to the
company's customers and make the world a better place. Based in
Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2020 sales of $7.1 billion.
Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500 - company for 66
consecutive years. For more information, please visit
www.owenscorning.com.Owens Corning is an equal opportunity
Keywords: OWENS CORNING, Amarillo , HR Lead- Amarillo, Human Resources , Amarillo, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!