Cyber Security Technical Writer
Company: Navarro Research and Engineering, Inc.
Posted on: May 4, 2020
Navarro Research and Engineering, Inc. is recruiting for a Cyber
Security Technical Writer in Amarillo, TX.
Navarro is a premier contractor providing high-quality technical
services to DOE, NASA, and DOD. Navarro s success is based on our
customer service focus and our well-known responsiveness and
innovation. In all we do, either in corporate management or in our
services to our clients, we seek for the most effective and
efficient approaches to provide best value to our clients.
This is a professional technical writing position within the
Information Systems & Services (IS&S) Cyber Security
Organization. The responsibilities of the person in this position
is documenting cyber security policies, procedures and
authorization documentation pertaining to all network and operating
environments to include but not limited to:
* Ability to present administrative, technical, and operational
information clearly and effectively through the oral and written
word as well as diagrams and charts
* Coordinating and ensuring technical requirements of cyber
security are appropriately documented and integrated into the
overall site security efforts.
* Reviewing and analyzing planned projects and initiatives that may
have an impact on the cyber security policies and procedures.
* Evaluating cyber threats, vulnerabilities, and risk to computing
resources and clearly communicate into written policies and
* Researching and documenting security best practices for
particular devices, applications, and emerging technologies.
* Evaluating compliance with the organization's security policies
and making recommendations for areas of improvement.
* This position requires at a minimum a Bachelor s degree in
Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
* Minimum of five years of relevant experience, or an equivalent
combination of education and experience including certifications
(e.g., SANS Training, CISSP, or other security certifications).
* The successful candidate must have excellent verbal and written
communications skills. Applicants must be able to obtain and
maintain a DOE Q clearance.
Knowledge and/or Training Requirements
* Formal training or a demonstrated knowledge of cyber security is
* Good technical computing expertise with working knowledge of
security controls for networks, systems, databases, and enterprise
applications is required as well as knowledge of system life cycle
methodologies to include risk management and configuration
* Experience with the integration of new information technology
into existing infrastructures is desired as well as familiarity
with DOE/NNSA cyber security policy and associated
Desired Skills/Experience Include
* Knowledge of federal cybersecurity protection standards and
baselines (e.g. NIST Cybersecurity Framework, NIST 800 series
Special Publications, DoD STIGs, CNSSI 1253, DOE SD 205.1, DOE O
* Ability to develop and update cybersecurity policy documents,
system security plans, baselines and threat models for deployment
and risk acceptance decisions
* Strong teamwork skills, including interaction with end users and
operations personnel, in a service-oriented environment
* Understanding of networking technologies and protocols
Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or
clearances requirements, US citizenship is required.
Navarro is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a
qualified individual with a disability.EEO
* Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
* Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
* Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
* Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
* Short Term & Long Term Disability
Keywords: Navarro Research and Engineering, Inc., Amarillo , Cyber Security Technical Writer, IT / Software / Systems , Amarillo, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!