Cloud Developer Sr Advisor
Company: General Dynamics Information Technology
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Type of Requisition: RegularClearance Level Must Be Able to
Obtain: NoneJob Family: CloudWe are GDIT. The people supporting and
securing some of the most complex government, defense, and
intelligence projects across the country. We ensure today is safe
and tomorrow is smarter. Our work has meaning and impact on the
world around us, but also on us, and thats important.GDIT is your
place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing
opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day.We
think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge we cant turn into
opportunity. And our work depends on a Cloud Developer Sr Advisor
joining our team to support the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid
Services (CMS) activities.As a Cloud Developer Sr Advisor
supporting HHS, you will be trusted to provide information
technology and federal data dissemination expertise.In this role, a
typical day will include:
- Working on a dynamic team on a federal IT solution, website and
data dissemination team that supports HHS in providing research
- Conducts full range of cloud engineering, administrative and IT
- Configures and manages AWS environments to meet business owner
- Implements tools and automation for AWS infrastructure
provisioning, monitoring, diagnostics, and scaling.
- Utilizing scripting languages such as Python for automation of
tasks and operations.
- Perform architecture design, system evaluation, system
analysis, and infrastructure assessment.
- Document, deploy, and validate multi environment cloud-based
- Use Amazon CloudWatch metrics to monitor the health and
utilization of AWS resources.
- Work with Redhat and Windows operating systems as well as
clustered filesystems such as GPFS and EFS.
- Create and manage IAM users, groups and access policies.
- Build and support AWS infrastructure resources using
CloudFormation and CodePipeline.
- Develops and maintains documentation on new or existing
- Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
- Maintains the integrity and security of servers and
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced
- Responsible for leading technical implementations including
detail design and implementation for the technical project.
- Coordinating with resources across multiple functional groups
to ensure all aspects of the technical implementation are
- Communicates extensively with technical teams and management on
status of technical projects.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as
- Participates in special projects as required.QUALIFICATIONS:
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Information
- 10+ years of progressive experience in IT infrastructure and
- 2+ years serving as an Engineer on AWS/cloud technologies.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust.
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident.PREFFERED:
- AWS Solution Architect/Developer/DevOps Certifications highly
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- Strong communications skills, both verbal and written.GDIT is
- 401K with company match
- Comprehensive health and wellness packages
- Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your
- Professional growth opportunities including paid education and
- Cutting-edge technology you can learn from
- Rest and recharge with paid vacation and
Vaccination: GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to
all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees
and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require
employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against
COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the
federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.We are
GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government,
defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver.
Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical
missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in,
integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is
safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside
our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the
technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed
to get the job done.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or
veteran status, or any other protected class.
Keywords: General Dynamics Information Technology, Amarillo , Cloud Developer Sr Advisor, IT / Software / Systems , Clovis, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!