Annuity Business Systems Support Executive Administrative Assistant
Posted on: February 10, 2020
AS - Administrative Support
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
Your Future Team
AIG, one of the largest insurance organizations in the world, has
career opportunities in the Life & Retirement Business. With over
900 employees and growing, AIG is one of the top employers in
Amarillo. If you are looking for a career opportunity where you can
learn a business that helps customers secure their financial future
then we look forward to hearing from you!
The Annuity Business Systems Support (ABSS) Executive
Administrative Assistant will focus on two primary objectives in
this role.First is to serve in a traditional Administrative
Assistant support function for up to 8 members of the ABSS
leadership team.Secondly, this role will also serve a more
technical function, supporting the various ABSS business units
where needed as volumes dictate to meet the business need.
Your contribution at AIG
As a contributor at AIG you are the one the clients turn to in
times of need. You act with speed, composure, compassion and
knowledge to solve problems and the work you do every day is the
heart of AIG's business.
General Administrative Assistant Duties
- Maintain office supplies and equipment for the ABSS
- Run department errands gathering various items used within the
area. Will require some lifting - up to 30 lbs.
- Prepare and distribute critical reports for executive
- Research information used in special reports and projects
unique to the department.
- Work with leadership to produce and review budget reports to
track and manage spending within established budget.
- Coordinate temporary personnel and tracking of organizational
- Coordinate team activities/events.
- Collaborate with other Administrative Support personnel to
assist in setup of site-specific events.
- Responsible for confidentiality in working with executive level
- Coordinate with other Administrative assistants to schedule
meetings and conference rooms, procure new or replacement equipment
- Update and maintain seating and organizational charts.
- Create and distribute internal department communications as
- Perform department desk audits (Privacy Review).
- Coordinate travel arrangements and expense filing.
Business Support Duties
- Assist with user admin requests for both AWD and Verint
- Index Annuity Statement validation and correction
- Handle statement and contract duplicate/reprint requests.
- Learn and handle basic report requests.
- Serve to augment the business testing team during periods of
- Execute mail merges in support of customer communication
- Other duties as additional needs arise.
What we are looking for:
- Must be proficient using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
Outlook and Visio.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Professional and maintain confidentiality.
- Heavy phone use.
- Must be able to run errands and pick up supplies as
- Responsible for cash collection/deposits for various
- Overtime may be required including some Saturday work.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 30 pounds.
- Flexibility in priority focus - priorities may change several
times per day.
- Technical aptitude (no experience required) to learn how
systems and processes work in order to provide a greater level of
- Prior senior-level Administrative Assistant experience
What our employees like most about working for AIG:
- Employee atmosphere and people approach
- Career path and growth potential
- Generous Paid Time Off (AIG recognizes the importance of work
- Generous Benefits Plan: FSA, Life Insurance, Medical, Dental &
- 401(k) Retirement Plan: Dollar for dollar matching up to 6%
with immediate vesting plus an additional 3% from AIG.
- Company opportunities for local charitable and community
participation and giving
AIG is one of the world's largest insurance organizations providing
protection and financial solution, with a history dating back to
1919. Over 56,000 employees serve customers in more than 80
countries and jurisdictions around the globe. The Life and
Retirement business provides Americans with protection, investment
and income solutions needed for financial and retirement
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American
International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an
Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all
qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age,
gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status,
disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our
future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative
workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability.
Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in
each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only
respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique
Keywords: AIG, Amarillo , Annuity Business Systems Support Executive Administrative Assistant, Other , Amarillo, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!