RN NICU - PRN
Company: Universal Health Services
Posted on: May 3, 2021
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides safe, competent nursing care for
patients in accordance with facility policies, standards, and
philosophy. Provides professional leadership and support to the
healthcare team. The concepts of Patient Centered Care will provide
the foundation for all nursing care. Demonstrates Service
Excellence standards at all times.
KEY PERFORMANCE FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Demonstrates three service excellence competencies.
- B. HOUSEWIDE REQUIREMENTS
Meets the organization's expectations regarding house-wide
- C. PROVISION OF SERVICES/CARE STANDARDS
- Develops, implements, and evaluates an age-appropriate plan of
care utilizing the nursing process, clinical skills, and patient
- Maintains professional behavior when dealing with issues or
conflicts, utilizing appropriate resources, as needed.
- Provides an environment conducive to safety for patients,
families, visitors, and employees.
- Assess risks to patient safety and implement the appropriate
- Complies with appropriate and approved standards, as outlined
by the organization and accrediting agencies.
- Complies with safety and injury prevention standards to
minimize risk to self, co-workers, patients, and visitors. The
concepts of the patient centered care delivery model will provide
the foundation for all nursing care.
- PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to read and write in English
- Ability to communicate with patients, families, staff,
physicians, support agencies, vendors, and others.
- Ability to remain calm during stressful situations
- Ability to respond to pages
- Ability to evaluate and interpret information and make
- Ability to repeatedly twist, squat and stoop.
- Bending, lifting (minimum of 25 pounds), grasping, fine hand
coordination, pushing, and pulling.
- Exposure to infectious organisms, agents, and toxic
- On call shift coverage as required by department
- MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT, AND WORK AIDS USED
- Paging system
- Facsimile machine
- Invasive and non-invasive monitoring devices
- IV regulatory devices
- Pyxis Medication Dispensing Units
- Others specific to area
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit:
- a. NRP within 3 months of hire and maintain certification
- b. STABLE within 6 months of hire; repeat renewal class every 2
years until 10 years' experience. Class may be taken anytime within
the year of expiration.
c. 90% score on neonatal medication exam - employees will have
two chances to pass with remediation material available
All UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment
of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are
available to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are
equal opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully
commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and
compensation of individuals without regard to race, color,
religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and
sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin,
disability status, protected veteran status or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is
critical to our success.
At UHS and all our subsidiaries, our Human Resources departments
and recruiters are here to help prospective candidates by matching
skillset and experience with the best possible career path at UHS
and our subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a highly efficient
and best in class candidate experience. During the recruitment
process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or
personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo
Mail, etc. If you are suspicious of a job posting or job-related
email mentioning UHS or its subsidiaries, let us know by contacting
us at: https://uhs.alertline.com
EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE AND LICENSES / REGISTRATIONS
- Graduate of an accredited or NLN-approved RN program
- Must successfully pass any pre-employment assessment(s).
- BLS from the American Heart Association (or obtained during
orientation) and maintain certification throughout employment
- Current state nursing license or permit to practice nursing in
the State of Texas.
- De-escalation training within 90 days of hire; does not require
- Ongoing compliance with demonstration of clinically pertinent
competencies as determined by the facility.
Keywords: Universal Health Services, Amarillo , RN NICU - PRN, Other , Amarillo, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!