Front Desk Manager
Company: City of Amarillo, TX
Posted on: June 12, 2021
This position requires heavy public contact in a very fast paced
environment. Duties include being responsible for office operations
and cash management on a daily basis for the Warford Activity
Center, including a large volume of electronic registrations and
reservations; supervising and implementing training of all front
desk attendants; maintaining equipment and supplies used in job
function, and requesting supplies when needed; completing multiple
tasks while coping with numerous interruptions; and serving as a
front desk attendant, answering a wide variety of questions
pertaining to all aspects of the Warford Center and the Parks and
Recreation Department. This position will be required to work
shifts including evenings, weekends, holidays, overtime as
necessary by the department, and during inclement weather. This
position is considered weather essential personnel.
- Supervises several hourly Front Desk Attendants.
- Assist with all hiring, processing, and training of the front
- Accountable for all aspects of the Warford Activity Center
office and front desk, including inventorying all office supplies
and placing office supply order when needed.
- Performs general administrative tasks including promptly
returning phone calls, responding to email and other
correspondence, sorting and filing records, completing memos and
forms. Interacts with customers to provide exceptional service,
receive complaints, suggestions and questions, provides information
and assistance as requested.
- Serves as receptionist and front desk attendant for the Warford
Center, using proper telephone etiquette and communicates clearly
and appropriately with youth, parents, staff, and patrons.
- Provides Center Supervisor with various detailed accounting
reports on a weekly or as needed basis including accounting for
funds received, computing charges and fees for patrons and members,
and preparing and monitoring invoices.
- Must be able to demonstrate initiative, and think, work, and
make independent decisions based on sound judgment.
- Have strong team building skills including the ability to lead,
cooperate, motivate, and contribute as part of a team with
representatives from other areas and departments.
- Answer any questions or concerns from the public or staff about
the Warford Center or the Parks and Recreation department.
- Monitor office budget including staffing, equipment, and
supplies cost. Also monitor funds spent and update the budget
spreadsheet. Submit recommendations and budget requests for the
next fiscal year.
- Opens and/or closes the office each day, in a timely and
- Takes accurate messages, communicating necessary information to
- Uses recreation software system to take payments, enroll people
in classes and programs, process memberships, and make rental
reservations for the Warford Center.
- Prepares and balances cash report daily prior to leaving, and
verifies the Front Desk Attendants' cash reports and deposits are
accurate and done correctly.
- Directly responsible for any job duties and decisions
pertaining to the front desk and its operation, and for keeping the
Center Supervisor informed of situations when the Center Supervisor
is absent or otherwise unavailable.
- Maintain good communication and problem solving skills with all
staff, and builds professional relationships with all internal
staff and customers.
- Be able to handle, in a positive way, the demands that contact
with many youth and families bring every day. This includes stress,
tension, noise, and interpersonal conflicts. Must be able to
physically and mentally react immediately to unexpected
circumstances and conflicts.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or its equivalent is required.
A minimum of 6 months supervisory experience, and a minimum of
one (1) year of clerical experience is required. Bi-lingual
preferred. Some accounting experience preferred. A valid Texas
drivers license is required.
The City may consider all related education and/or experience in
determining an applicant's minimum qualifications and starting
- Ability to type 40 wpm, preferred.
- Ability to operate computers for data entry and word processing
with a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, and Microsoft
- Maintain confidential records and files.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize
- Good public relations, communication, multi-tasking, and
- Ability to function in a team oriented environment.
- General knowledge of Parks and Recreation department.
- Ability to operate office equipment, including copy/fax
machines, multi-line telephone systems, and scanner.
- Above average ability to operate under pressure from frequent
phone calls and patron requests.
- Regular and punctual attendance is a requirement of this
- Ability to obtain CPR/ First Aid and AED certification within
six months of employment. City may pay training costs.
The City of Amarillo is an Equal Opportunity employer and
encourages applications from eligible and qualified persons
regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin,
ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender
identity, marital status, familial status, disability, genetic
information or protected veteran status, in compliance with
applicable federal, state and local law.
The City of Amarillo provides reasonable accommodations to
applicants with disabilities on a case by case basis. If you need a
reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring
process, please contact the Human Resources Office at
Essential Job Functions:
The employee is also required to balance, crouch, feel, finger,
handle, pull, push, reach, speak, stand, stoop, talk, see, and
walk. Also requires the ability to make rational decisions and
preform repetitive motions.
Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is required
to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20
pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force
constantly to move objects. The employee is also required to
balance, crouch, feel, finger, handle, pull, push, reach, speak,
stand, stoop, talk, see, and walk. Also requires the ability to
make rational decisions and preform repetitive motions.
Must be available to work weekends, holidays, evenings. Must be
available to work all hours from 6:00 am-10:00 am. This position
will be required to work shifts including evenings, weekends,
holidays., overtime as necessary by the department, and during
Keywords: City of Amarillo, TX, Amarillo , Front Desk Manager, Other , Amarillo, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!