Invenergy drives innovation in energy. Powered by decades of
entrepreneurial experience and unparalleled execution, we solve the
energy challenges facing our customers and communities. We provide
power generation and storage solutions at scale around the world to
create a cleaner energy future. We develop. We build. We own. We
operate. We are Invenergy.
Invenergy believes inclusion drives innovation
Diverse teams are better teams. The perspectives and experiences
that people from different backgrounds bring to an organization
drive better decisions and improved business results. Invenergy
employees are inclusive and welcoming of all colleagues of all
backgrounds, genders, races, sexual orientations, religions and
As a Blade Repair Field Services Technician, you will be
responsible for the repair and maintenance of wind turbine blades.
Blade repair technicians utilize both rope access and suspended
platforms to complete repair and maintenance work scopes. Blade
work from rope access and platforms means many days spent in an
open-air work environment. When unable to complete in-air blade
work due to unfavorable weather conditions, time is spent on
various tasks such as reports, inspections and training. Blade
Repair Technicians may also perform other wind turbine repairs that
require rope access.
This position requires up to 100% travel, therefore applicants
who do not reside in the immediate area of one of the posting
locations should apply and may still be considered.
* Climb wind turbine towers daily, wearing all required safety
equipment, and utilize rope access techniques to inspect, maintain,
and repair wind turbine blades.
* Understand electrical and mechanical functions of a wind
turbine generator and associated equipment to safely perform
lock-out-tag-out (LOTO) duties.
* Utilize power tools to perform delicate grinding work on
* Employ safe work practices to use chemicals and glass fibers
to complete composite structure repair.
* Perform inspections and repairs on wind turbine blades and
* Complete required reporting on repair work, inspections,
* Learn and use software systems to manage work reporting and
other company business.
* Maintain company tooling and equipment.
* Work a 40+ hour work week and be subject to scheduled and
unscheduled overtime. Work schedules may vary during the peak work
* Other duties as assigned.
* Ability to travel up to 100% of the time.
* Must be able to work outdoors in inclement weather, climb
ladders without assistance, and work suspended from two rope
systems and/or platforms at heights greater than 80 meters (250
* Ability to move and manipulate up to 45 kg (100 pounds).
* Weight must not exceed 120 kg (265 lbs.) excluding
equipment/gear worn when performing job related tasks.
* Ability to rappel from a wind turbine.
* Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record.
* SPRAT level 1 or higher certification
* One (1) year technical experience (mechanical, electrical,
composite repair, etc.) and/or technical education.
Individuals receiving conditional offers of employment will be
subject to drug testing and must receive a negative result to begin
working for the company.