Company: Carpet Tech
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Reporting to the Construction Crew Chief, the construction
laborer performs tasks involving physical labor for residential
construction projects. This may include cleaning and preparing a
job site, loading and delivering materials, and using a variety of
tools and machines such as blowtorches, levels, power drills,
grinders, saws, pressure washers, and more. This position will also
clean up rubble and debris, remove waste materials and assist other
departments as needed. The laborer will also travel locally during
the business day. Some out-of-area and overnight travel may be
The following statements describe the principal functions of
this job and its scope of responsibility, but should not be
considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements.
Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including working
in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize
peak work periods, or otherwise to balance the work load.
- Perform a variety of tasks involving strenuous manual labor in
residential construction projects.
- Perform manual work in preparing structures for renovation
- Assist in demolition and deconstruction activities at job
- Perform framing, drywall, and finish carpentry work
- Inspect work to ensure painting and other finishes are
completed and touch-up work is completed when necessary.
- Maintains a clean job site: picking up all tools and equipment,
securing job site each day to eliminate potential hazards.
- Performs materials handling and storage.
- Ensures that proper safety and incident reporting procedures
- Work with other departs to train in areas including fire/water
restoration and floor care.
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday
through Saturday, 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., averages 50 hours per
week. This position frequently requires long hours and weekend
- Fits within the company culture and works with a disciplined
mindset. Holds themselves accountable and has exceptional
- Ability to communicate proficiently (written and verbally) with
customers, managers, and team members.
- Ability to remain goal focused in stressful situations.
- Ability to maintain an upbeat and positive attitude at all
- Must be detail-oriented and have the ability to
- Must be results driven and team oriented.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D
- 3+ years of general construction
- 1+ years of residential/commercial construction
Keywords: Carpet Tech, Amarillo , Construction Laborer, Other , Amarillo, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!