Full Time - 6A- or 6P Rotating shift.
Under the direction of the service plan, provides assistance to
the elders within the scope of guidelines listed below and in
accordance of the philosophy and objectives of Baptist Community
Essential Functions of Job
1. Under the direct supervision of the Charge Nurse and/or
Assisted Living Manager, assists the elders with ADLs, including
but not limited to:
* Transporting elders via wheelchair, bed, or stretcher.
* Changing bed linens; makes beds. (constantly)
* Delivering meals and snacks to the elders. (frequently)
* Accompanying and participating in elder activities.
* Assisting in maintaining clean clutter free environment.
* Assisting with dining services, housekeeping, transporting
residents to/from doctors' appointments. (constantly)
2. Plans, organizes, coordinates, and evaluates the direct and
indirect care of a designated group of residents, which includes
* The evaluation of the elders' needs
* Consideration of State regulations * Evaluation of the quality
of services provided
3. Teaches elder and family member as needed regarding care
4. Develops collaborative relationship with charge nurse to
provide comprehensive care. (constantly)
5. Functions as an advocate for the elders. (constantly)
6. Verbally communicates pertinent information to the nurse
concerning an elder's care. (constantly)
7. Will maintain a clean and clutter free work environment.
8. Cleans equipment in accordance of BCS policy and procedures.
9. Must be able to commit the time necessary from an attendance
and punctuality standpoint to accomplish the above specified
Essentials of Job. (constantly)
Contributes to the ongoing process of establishing and meeting
departmental and BCS goals and objectives. Participates in
utilizing customer feedback to measure and improve effectiveness of
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
of the essential functions and level of work being performed. They
are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the
responsibilities, duties and skills required; other duties may be
performed as assigned. This job description will be reviewed
annually and may be revised as needed. In addition, all BCS
employees are expected to:
* Support and participate in the Life Enrichment Program and
Best Friends Approach.
* Promote teamwork and cooperative effort.
* Help train and give guidance to other BCS employees.
* Maintain a clear, safe, and unobstructed work area, practice
habits, and utilize appropriate safety equipment.
* Follows all BCS safety policies.
* Provide customers with the highest quality products and
* Understand and apply quality improvement processes.
* Promotes superior customer service.
* Must be able to speak, read, and write English. * Legible
handwriting for documenting pertinent information. * Ability to
interact effectively with others.