LookoutHere We Grow Again!
COME BUILD YOUR CAREER WITH VIBRA + ERNEST!
Our culture fosters engagement, diversity and advocacy. Our goal
is to empower our employees and support them in their professional
growth while leading them on a path to success within our
Vibra Hospital of Amarillo is seeking a
Full Time Director of Pharmacy to join our team!
Vibra Hospital of Amarillo , located in Amarillo, TX, is a 37
bed LTAC providing long-term acute care services to patients
recovering from serious illnesses or injuries. Often our patients
require additional critical care services for medically complex
conditions such as trauma, infectious diseases, wound healing,
cardiovascular disease, stroke, amputation and ventilator weaning.
As a smaller, specialized hospital, we offer an opportunity to work
in a fast-paced and friendly work environment where you really get
to know your patients and their families.
This Director of Pharmacy is responsible for organizing,
directing, performing, and supervising department activities
according to Vibra Healthcare Policies and Procedures as well as
complies with Policies and Procedures set forth by the facility.
Reviews department performance, effects changes as needed to
improve services provided, and assures compliance with all federal,
state and local laws and regulations. Communicates department
activities, needs, and problems to CEO and Clinical Operations
Pharmacy team. Collaborates with CCO/CNO/COO, Medical staff, and
nursing staff. Performs clinical and operational pharmacy duties as
needed. Participates in the hospital Antibiotic Stewardship Program
with a focus on patient safety and public health.
- Bachelor of Science Degree from a College/School of Pharmacy
- Current, valid, and active license to practice as a Pharmacist
in the state of employment required.
- Two (2) years of hospital pharmacy experience required, or
completion of Pharmacy residency program.
- Knowledge of federal and state-specific laws/regulations
governing pharmacy practice, including controlled
- substances regulations.
- Competency with age groups served by this hospital.
- Automated pharmacy dispensing, USP 797 standards for IV
- Clinical pharmacy practice preferred.
- Knowledge of Medication Use Programs, pharmacy computer
systems, and inventory management.
- Doctor of Pharmacy degree strongly preferred.
- Previous management training or equivalent managerial
- Ability to project a professional image.
- Knowledge of regulatory standards and compliance
- Strong organizational, prioritizing and analytical skills.
- Ability to make independent decisions when circumstances
- Working knowledge of computer and software applications used in
- Freedom from illegal use of and effects of use of drugs and
alcohol in the workplace.
At Vibra+Ernest, employees are our priority. We are passionate
about patient care and consider it a privilege to be able to
provide services to patients and their family members in the
Amarillo, TX area. Below is a brief summary of our benefits.
- PPO high and low deductible plans / HSA options as well
- FREE prescription plans
- Dental and Vision coverage
- Life insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- EAP and AFLAC
- Flex plans, 401K matching
- Company discounts for mobile phone service, electronics, cell
phones, clothing, etc
- PET insurance!
- Group legal - provides legal assistance with personal legal
- Tuition and continuing education reimbursement
- Work life balance
At Vibra Healthcare, our patients are family. Healthcare is
constantly evolving, our growing organization is devoted to
ensuring that each person in our care feels safe. Our world-class
team of driven, passionate healthcare professionals are always
focused on service excellence and providing top quality care at the
CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE!
If you share our values, we want to hear from you!