Assistant Store Manager
Company: Northern Tool + Equipment
Posted on: June 13, 2021
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To lead and coordinate delegated store functions in a manner which
will ensure retail sales and related activities are performed in a
professional, courteous, reliable and results-oriented manner.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Leads and coordinates assigned functions and personnel under the
guidance and direction of the Store Manager. Ensures adequate
employee coverage throughout all business hours within established
- Assists Store Manager with personnel matters by providing work
direction, input on performance management activities including
disciplinary actions, and participating in the employee interview
process. Coaches employees to ensure employees are following and
providing the Company approved Customer Service Standards.
- Answers questions from store personnel on products and
procedures and acts as point of escalation for questions. Provides
technical expertise when needed.
- Acts as the Manager on Duty (MOD) as assigned or needed
including being responsible for opening and closing the store
premises according to established policies and procedures.
Effectively handles customer concerns and escalated questions
within the guidelines established by the Company. Seeks guidance
from Store Manager when needed for additional input.
- Balances all money received according to established procedures
and Store Operating Platforms (SOPs). Works with Store Manager to
investigate discrepancies with Loss Prevention (LP) and take
corrective action when necessary. Follows the process to ensure
inventory at store is properly managed to meet Company inventory
standards, as measured by regular cycle counts, internal audits and
- Actively seeks to minimize shrinkage of inventory and protect
the store against shoplifting and internal theft. Ensures that the
Companys assets are adequately protected against theft or other
suspicious activity by complying with all Company LP policies
including securing store keys, maintaining confidential alarm codes
and ensuring alarm is enabled during off-hours.
- Implements changes in the store showroom by making sure all
displayed merchandise is properly priced and signed, stock is
rearranged to promote sales, new product is effectively displayed
and the showroom is consistently maintained to ensure a neat and
orderly sales environment, including all demonstration fixtures,
product displays and work areas as per Company merchandising
- Completes all merchandising programs in a timely manner
including all planogram line reviews and revisions. Planogram
revisions include promotional programs.
- Supports all Company sponsored promotions and seeks to maximize
alternate sources of revenue including but not limited to ensuring
Service Protection Plan (SPP) sales, approved credit card
applications, parts, billing of technical hours, warranty claims,
add on sales, and commercial business growth meet or exceed Company
- Prices or assists in the pricing of discontinued and surplus
items and coordinates the sale of such merchandise.
- Recommends new products and coordinates such recommendations
with the Store Manager and the Purchasing Department. Provides
input for Retail and Merchandising meetings. Notifies Merchandising
of recurrent stock-out situations or abnormal sales trends.
- Participates in all non-commissioned events deemed necessary by
the Company such as sales meetings, trade shows, etc.
- Keeps supervisor informed of important developments, potential
problems, and related information necessary for effective
management. Coordinates and communicates plans and activities with
others, as appropriate, to ensure a coordinated work effort and
- Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
High school education or equivalent.
- At least 1 year related retail sales experience.
- Ability and willingness to provide effective guidance and
coaching to employees.
- Strong customer service and problem solving skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing,
with a wide variety of customers, Company personnel, and
- Ability to operate and use a Personal Computer (PC) with
working knowledge of Microsoft Office Skills including Word,
Outlook, and Excel.
- High mechanical aptitude including having knowledge of light
industrial products, hydraulics, etc preferred.
- Ability to maintain a working knowledge of the companys
intranet including related Store Operating Platforms (SOPs).
- Required to be part of 24-hour security company call list for
off hour alarm issues.
- Occasional ability to travel to other locations, including out
of state travel when needed or directed.
- Ability to work a schedule that maintains effective store
- Demonstrates Northern Tool + Equipments 12 Core
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Frequently required to use hands to handle objects; and talk or
- Ability to lift up to 70 pounds.
- Frequent bending, twisting, stooping, reaching and
- Required to stand on cement floor for long periods of
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision and the
ability to adjust focus.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
Direct supervision of:
Indirect supervision of:
2-15 Non-exempt employees
Keywords: Northern Tool + Equipment, Amarillo , Assistant Store Manager, Other , Amarillo, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!