TECHNICIAN, REFRIGERATION (FULL-TIME)
Company: SSC Services for Education
Posted on: September 10, 2021
Posted Date: Sep 7, 2021
- We are hiring immediately
for a full-time TECHNICIAN,
- Location: West
Texas A&M University - 2401 Russell Long Blvd, Canyon, TX
79016. Note: online applications
- Schedule: F/T
Monday through Friday, shifts from 08:00AM -
- Requirement: Must
be able to work HVAC systems.
*Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available
We Make Applying
Easy! Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text
JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID
The advertised program is
an AI recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with
Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may
apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions:
Diversity of thought
and inclusion for all is what drives our success - we invite you to
start your journey with us today!
SSC Services for Education
is known for our expertise, commitment, and value; and we at SSC
truly believe that our people are our greatest asset. By utilizing
our associates’ knowledge and experience alongside SSC’s extensive
training, providing supportive management, and offering
unparalleled wage and benefit packages as well as career
advancement opportunities, we have developed a workforce that
differentiates us from our competitors.
SSC Services for Education
is a Nationwide Best in Class Facility Service Provider.
As a member of Compass Group, North America, we want you to be as
great as you can be. We empower our associates to direct their own
future, keeping them confident that we support them every step of
the way. As a result, our associates embody greatness through
their actions, natural passion for quality, and a can-do attitude.
The opportunity for greatness is real at SSC and throughout the
Summary: Performs a variety of maintenance
duties relating to all HVAC - ammonia and other related systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installs, maintains and repairs equipment and systems using
power and hand tools and other necessary equipment.
- Performs a variety of other semi-skilled and skilled work in
various crafts such as carpentry, plumbing, welding, painting,
minor electrical work, sheet metal work, masonry and maintaining
simple temperature controls.
- Cleans, lubricates, repairs and diagnoses malfunctions of HVAC
equipment, ice makers, refrigeration equipment, electrical systems,
electronic signaling systems and other specialty equipment
- Analyzes building system, electrical and mechanical problems,
alone or as part of a team.
- Responds to emergency problems in the facility and makes
emergency repairs as needed.
- Contacts supervisors, skilled trade vendors or on-call
personnel as instructed.
- Maintains logs and performs rounds.
- Completes work orders, tests and inspections.
- Performs established preventative maintenance; makes
recommendations for improvement of preventive maintenance systems
- Serves as an Ammonia Systems Technician; completes maintenance,
operation tasks and processes; contributes toward installation work
as it pertains to the ammonia systems.
- Repairs ammonia systems and related equipment.
- Supports project management activity relative to ammonia
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
- Serves as a member of facility'?s emergency response team.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Four years of trade school or on the job? related experience,
i.e., four years of experience as a maintenance mechanic/technician
in a similar-sized institution in a maintenance occupation.
- Five years of ?hands on? mechanical experiences in the areas of
ammonia refrigeration, natural gas fired boilers and compressed air
- Apprentice card from the State in plumbing, electrical and
- Valid driver'?s license.
Associates at SSC are offered many fantastic
Both full-time and part-time positions offer the
following benefits to associates:
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance,
Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services,
and Choice Auto and Home Program
In addition, full-time positions also offer the following
benefits to associates:
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At
Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates
fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience
without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability,
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other
classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential
functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a
reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not
necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities,
skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While
this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position
posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the
essential functions of the job based on business
necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will
consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los
Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box
Req ID: 858113
Keywords: SSC Services for Education, Amarillo , TECHNICIAN, REFRIGERATION (FULL-TIME), Other , CANYON, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!