Realistic Military Training (RMT) SME
Posted on: September 13, 2021
Discover yourself at Leidos! Join our team and we’ll unleash
your talents to solve most challenging technical problems.
The 363rd ISRW/361st ISRG/43rd IS has an exciting opportunity
for a Realistic Military Training (RMT) SME to support aircrew
initial qualification, upgrade qualification, and continuation
training sorties by emulating friendly and opposing ground forces.
This full-time position is located at Cannon AFB, NM.
Candidates must currently possess a minimum of a Secret clearance
(TS/SCI highly desired). The friendly force team emulates a Joint
Terminal Attack Controller (JTAC), Ground Force Commander (GFC), or
air assets. The opposing force team directs personnel to mimic
enemy Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTPs). Position
requires a sufficient level of knowledge to be able to draw
inferences about the possible consequences of the situation, as
well as sufficient awareness of the situation to predict future
patterns, TTPs, and potential changes to current TTPs.
- Leading both friendly and opposing forces to allow for maximum
flexibility in scenario management; serving (role-playing) as
friendly forces team leader in the Joint Terminal Attack Controller
(JTAC) and Ground Force Commander (GFC) roles.
- Candidate will build ground based scenarios in order
to assist the airborne operators in their continuation
training or upgrade training
- Develop and execute the ground portion of Opposing forces
campaign plans in support of joint and combined training
- Participate in exercise planning and synchronization meetings
to incorporate exercise-training objectives into ground campaign
- .Further, the candidate will be proficient with applicable
enemy TTPs and be able to direct less experienced personnel in the
- Operate a wide range of specialized equipment, weapons and
vehicles to include, but not limited to, laser pointers,
UHF/VHF/FM/HF/SATCOM radios, GPS equipment, overt/covert lights and
- Ensuring vehicle operation, COMSEC, and individual augmentee
safety while conducting operations;
- Utilizing Night Vision Devices (NVDs) whenever possible to aid
in training accomplishment and enhancement.
- Employing new techniques and technologies presented by the
government to keep procedures and capabilities abreast of mission
requirements; adapting to new government-provided equipment
reconfiguration, upgrade, and modernization.
- Operating a variety of transportation modes to arrive at these
locations, including all-terrain vehicles, high mobility
multi-purpose wheeled vehicles, and motorcycles.
- Assembling, operating, and monitoring all radios.
- Conducting weather observations in accordance with FAA JO
7110.65, Chapter 2, Sections 6 and 7 such as measured surface wind
velocity and direction to all aircraft as well as altimeter,
pressure altitude, and temperature.
- Recording and documenting all incidents, accidents, and
malfunctions; answering questions about events on the training area
for users, range authorities, and/or the host squadron; providing
details of pre-mission, mission, and post mission procedures.
- Conduction landing zone usability assessments; scoring
procedures and surveys
- Must possess a minimum of a Top Secret SCI clearance
- Bachelors Degree and at least 5 years’ experience as special
operations aircrew or intel analyst. Additional experience will be
considered in lieu of a degree .An Associates degree and 6 + years
of related special op air crew or intelligence related experience
may be considered .
- Recent (last 4 + years) experience in special operations team
task force combat and knowledge of integrating joint firepower and
manned ISR platforms
- Must have a SOF background or be familiar with special
operations procedures and requirements.
- Be familiar with scheduling and working on military training
areas and ranges
- Familiar and proficient with all assigned radios, attachments,
- Able to operate radios in secure mode with Communications
- Must have fundamental land navigation/map, compass, and GPS
skills sufficient enough to read and locate using latitude and
longitude and Universal Transverse Mercator (UTM)/Military Grid
Reference System (MGRS)
- Familiar with military command and control structures, working
knowledge of the organizational interface of military, federal,
state, and local agencies.
- Must possess a valid civilian driver’s license and be able to
hold a valid military driver’s license for the military vehicle(s)
to be operated.
- Able to use, operate, and control simulated IEDs, smoke
grenades, ground burst simulators blank ammunition, and other
simulation weapons as required in the execution of all Opposing
- Experience in Operating Microsoft Windows based operating
systems and Microsoft Office programs.
- Physical capabilities to lift and carry at least 60 pounds and
run - continuously without stopping - distances in excess of 400
- Willing to work on the range and run MRT scenarios (requires
work outside of normal duty hours)
External Referral Bonus:
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Keywords: Leidos, Amarillo , Realistic Military Training (RMT) SME, Other , Clovis, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!