Posted on: January 12, 2022
PRIMARY PURPOSE:Under general supervision, maintain and make
ready the stadium and other performance fields for all UIL
competitive events such as football, track, soccer and band
contests to a condition of playing
excellence.QUALIFICATIONS:Minimum Education: High school diploma or
GED- preferredCertification / LicenseMust possess a valid Driver's
License, CDL- preferredLicensed chemical applicator by SPCB/TDO in
L&O and weeds- preferredSpecial Knowledge/Skills:General
knowledge of cultural turf maintenance and athletic field care,
markings and equipmentDemonstrated general knowledge of various
types of farm/field equipment and attachmentsDemonstrated ability
to keep accurate recordsBroad field knowledge of applying
fertilizers and pesticidesCapable of assessing site conditions and
initiating proper and logical steps to address
problems/situationsStrong organizational and customer service
skillsAbility to prioritize work assignmentsWork
Conditions:Tools/Equipment Used: Power tools and equipment (with
instruction); use of farm/field equipment including but not limited
to tractor with 3 point & hydraulics, dump trucks, loadersPosture:
Prolonged sitting, standing, walking, climbing stairs; frequent
bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twistingMotion: Frequent
reaching, pushing and pullingLifting: Lifting and carrying 50
pounds occasionally; must be able to exert up to 25 pounds of force
frequently; up to 10 pounds constantlyEnvironment: Work with
frequent interruptions and changes in task; must maintain
professional demeanor understress; problem solving skills; ability
to work in all weather conditions, both day and night; exposure to
hazardous c chemicals/fuels; irregular work hours/scheduleRegular
attendance is an essential functionMinimum Experience:One year of
lawn/turf maintenance or related field.One year of experience in
operating, i.e. tractor with 3 point & hydraulics, dump trucks,
loaders, etc.MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Perform scheduled maintenance of athletic fields to include,
but not limited to: mowing, fertilizing, pesticide applications,
aerating, seeding and top dressing.
- Assist the Athletic Crew Leader in major responsibilities
related to the care of the stadium and other areas as
- Service tractor engines and hydraulic/mechanical, parts and
- Perform all documentation for work orders.
- Transport necessary equipment to various job sites.
- Provide guidance and direction to the Field Groomer.
- Assist work crews, as assigned, when required for other
maintenance duties during off season.
- Follow district safety protocols and emergency procedures.
- Ensure compliance with all local policies and state and federal
statutes including the Educator Code of Ethics.
- Perform such other tasks and accepts such other
responsibilities as may be assigned.
- Position Type:Full-time
- Positions Available:1Job Category :Support Staff >
- No experience requiredContact Information
- Chris Tatum
- 7200 Interstate 40 West
- Amarillo,Texas 79106
- Phone: 806.326.1000
- Email: click here
Keywords: TrulyHired, Amarillo , Athletic Operator, Other , Amarillo, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!