Pipeline Operator II
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Performs duties as outlined by the Pipeline/Terminal Manger related
to the receipt and shipment of petroleum products via pipeline with
strict adherence to Federal regulations as well as company
standards. Manages multiple tasks and recognize abnormal operating
conditions and respond within Valero's guidelines.
* Ensures safe operations that comply with all compliance
* Inspects pipeline equipment to ensure integrity.
* Ensures equipment is operated within design parameters.
* Controls pipelines, this includes monitoring leak detection,
starting stopping and monitoring conditions on all lines, adjusting
operating conditions as needed, opening and closing station and
mainline valves as required, logging hourly operating conditions,
logging status changes and pertinent conversations.
* Monitors volumes, makes product switches, and ensures maximum and
minimum volumes are not exceeded.
* Receives and evaluates short notice and emergency One Calls and
distributes as necessary.
* Takes calls from the public concerning possible leaks, filling
out Report of Leak Questionnaire and making emergency contacts.
* Monitors cameras at various locations for security and emergency
* Compiles and completes daily and monthly product movement
* Interface with internal and external customers.
* Maintains and files documentation for daily operations.
* Makes grade switches, monitors for interfaces, and makes valve
* Ensures proper measurement techniques are being followed.
* Reads meters, catches samples (or acts as a witness when outside
parties perform sampling) and performing various lab test as
* Provides documentation to our internal and external customers in
time to meet their needs.
* Initiates emergency call outs, and acting as the first responder
/QI until assistance arrives.
* Ensures company vehicles and equipment are properly maintained.
Assisting maintenance personnel on various capital and expense jobs
along with day to day needs.
* Assists maintenance and operations with various duties.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
This position is hourly nonexempt status, which means you are
eligible for overtime pay.
* High school diploma or GED required.
* 2 years of experience working in pipeline operations
Position level and salary will be commensurate with qualifications
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a
reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels
manufacturing and marketing industry. It's not just the excellent
benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it's
also the caring and committed culture of the organization that
makes everyone feel like they're truly part of a team.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are
encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment
without regard to legally protected status including sexual
orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with
Disabilities and protected Veterans.
**Job:** Operations/Skilled Crafts %26 Trades/Maintenance
**Primary Location:** US-TX-Perryton
**Job Posting:** Jan 6, 2022, 10:37:18 AM
**Unposting Date:** Ongoing
**Req ID:** 21001OE
Keywords: Valero, Amarillo , Pipeline Operator II, Other , Perryton, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!