Licensed Counselor - Amarillo, 79106
Company: Cenikor Foundation
Posted on: January 15, 2022
We are seeking a Counselor with one of the following licenses:
LCDCi, LCDC, LMSW, LCSW, LPC, or LPC-A. Cenikor is a non-profit
organization and one of the largest substance abuse treatment
centers in the nation. We are currently seeking a Full-time
Counselor for our short term facility in Amarillo, Texas.JOB
The Counselor provides substance abuse treatment services to a
diverse population within contract and/or regulatory guidelines.
Conducts life skills groups, counseling groups, and individual
therapy sessions for assigned caseload. Documents treatment
services in clinical file and maintains related records. Performs
case management as appropriate to ensure client receives all
necessary and required services. Counselor will be responsible for
admissions, daily motivational interviewing, and discharges for
detoxification as well as the caseload for residential
treatment.SCHEDULE:Sunday - Thursday 9a - 6pESSENTIAL
- Work with clients to develop and implement an individualized,
written treatment plan within five (5) service days of
- Develop individualized treatment plan based on comprehensive
- Conduct regularly scheduled treatment plan reviews every 30
- Provide individual counseling services to each client at least
once a month or as needed.
- Conduct chemical dependency counseling sessions, life skills
group process sessions and monitors encounter groups weekly as
- Conduct self as a rational authority and role model within the
therapeutic community modality.
- Work in conjunction with all facility staff to facilitate a
safe environment for client recovery.
- Complete client discharge summary within 3 working days of
discharge from the program.
- Complete monthly judicial reports accurately and submit by the
30th of each month.
- Contribute to client care by participating in clinical staff
meetings to review client progress and treatment plans, and report
caseload activities to supervisor.
- Participate in weekly meetings to review client correspondence
- Maintain at least 70% client productivity through service
- Ensure documentation in the electronic clinical record complies
with documentation standards.
- Work closely with Clinical Manager to uphold the core
principles of Cenikor's culture and contribute to a positive
working environment for all team members.
- Maintain compliance with federal and state regulatory standards
as well as Cenikor policies and procedures.
- Maintain strict confidentiality on all client and foundation
matters and refer questionable issues to your supervisor.
- Perform additional duties as assigned and consistent with the
exempt functions as defined in this job description.QUALIFICATIONS
FOR THE POSITION:Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Knowledgeable of therapeutic community philosophy.
- Willingness to adhere to the therapeutic community
- Possesses good oral and written communication skills.
- Experienced and/or knowledgeable in providing education and
therapeutic counseling for individuals and for groups.
- Experienced and capable of identifying appropriate resources
for client development and providing substance abuse
- Capable of discerning facts from opinions and remaining
objective when listening to conflicting opinions.
- Experienced in working with diverse population.
- Possesses good time management skills needed to meet aggressive
deadlines and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Patience, perseverance, and resilience in a challenging
- Presents a professional, positive image.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software required, including
specific MS Outlook calendar experience.
- Ability to consistently uphold the Core Principles of Cenikor's
Culture with all team members:
- Demonstrate mission of service to our clients
- Positive, respectful communication with both staff and
- Demonstrate self-motivation and perseverance to achieve
- Role model appropriate, professional behaviors including
appropriate client boundaries
- Work effectively as part of a team, helping to set up others
- Associate Degree required
- Bachelor preferredExperience:
- Two (2) years of substance abuse treatment experience
- LCDC-i Required
- LCDC/LMSW/LCSW/LPC/LPC-A PreferredIMPORTANT NOTES:Drug Free
WorkplaceEqual Opportunity EmployerQVUhh8AN4Y
Keywords: Cenikor Foundation, Amarillo , Licensed Counselor - Amarillo, 79106, Other , Amarillo, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!