Company: Home Bancshares, Inc.
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Summary Processes financial transactions for customers, sells
negotiable instruments, cross-sells bank products and services, and
provides quality customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
* Provides quality customer service to customers and
* Processes deposits, including large commercial deposits, night
and mail deposits and loan payments;
* Verifies and ensures individual receiving cash from deposits are
authorized on that account;
* Sells cashier checks and money orders;
* Transfers funds;
* Monitors cash for detection of counterfeit money;
* Verifies customer identity, endorsements and signatures and
maintains alertness for forgeries, stop payments, fraudulent items
and false identification;
* Buys and sells cash to maintain teller drawer at set monetary
* Buys and sells money to tellers and vault;
* Answers telephones;
* Balances cash drawer at end of day and balance vault as
* Orders money from the vault, as needed; and
* Performs other work related duties, as assigned.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must
be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
* Must be able to type 30 wpm, 10-key by touch, general computer
knowledge, and working knowledge of office equipment;
* Must be able to complete normal transactions with limited
* Must have basic reading, writing and math skills;
* Must have word processing, spreadsheet and general computer
* Must have working knowledge of office equipment;
* Must have the ability to handle large amounts of money without
* Must have strong organizational, interpersonal, communications
and customer relation skills;
* Must have strong attention to detail and mental concentration for
accurately performing tasks;
* Must be able to work as a team and independently as needed;
* Must be able to balance multiple tasks simultaneously;
* Must be able to handle frequent interruptions; and
* Must be able to pass background and credit screening process.
Education and/or Experience
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
* Minimum of six (6) months cash handling experience and working in
a business environment required;
* Banking experience preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position requires standing and walking for extended periods of
Constant need for grasping or gripping
Constant need for finger dexterity
Constant need for typing or writing
Constant need to lift/carry under 10 pounds
Frequent need for reaching above shoulders
Frequent need for bending/stooping
Frequent need for kneeling/squatting
Frequent need for pushing/pulling/twisting
Frequent need to lift/carry 10 to 26 pounds
Constant need to be able to see detail
Constant need to be able to see beyond arm's length
Constant need to be able to hear other personnel in order to
Constant need to be able to speak clearly with other personnel in
order to communicate effectively
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
* Constant need to work indoors.
* Office environment; moderate noise.
Keywords: Home Bancshares, Inc., Amarillo , Teller, Other , Dumas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!