Whey L3 Separator Operator
Company: Glanbia PLC
Posted on: May 17, 2022
Southwest Cheese is the world's largest manufacture of
cheese/whey products and is located in Clovis, New Mexico. It is a
joint venture between Glanbia and The Greater Southwest Agency and
provides ample opportunity for career growth and experience in a
fast-paced, high-performing enterprise.
Removes cream from the whey and maintains open communication
connection between whey and cheese plant. Operates Line 1 and 2
pre-draw tanks, whey clarification, separation, whey cream, HTST 1
and 2, and salt why blend tanks. Compiles records concerned with
the production process, testing, and machinery maintenance by
performing the following duties.
* Keep an open communication level between the cheese and whey
plants (in particular the cheese and whey operators) so that each
has an understanding of the overall business.
* Removes cream from the whey.
* Runs separators and clarifiers.
* Pull and test samples using the FT-120. Make adjustments as
needed to stay in spec.
* Records all sample and test results to ensure that the whey and
cream fat complies with cream HTST requirements.
* Maintains product loss sheets to keep an accurate recording of
the product wasted.
* Responsible for timely and accurate reports of process loss
turned in daily to the supervisor
* Oversees CIP for assigned machinery.
* Maintain cream HTST charts.
* Maintain a clean work environment.
* Attend required training and take required quizzes to be
proficient in room.
* Responsible for completing all safety activities, plant meetings,
near misses, and BBSs.
* Complete all job activities following set safety and operational
* Keep records in accordance with good manufacturing process and
local and state laws.
* Utilizes GPS processes, driving zero losses and upholds the
culture of Southwest Cheese non-negotiables.
* Each employee shall comply with occupational safety and health
standards and all rules, regulations, and orders issued pursuant to
the Occupational Safety and Health Act which are applicable to
his/her own actions and conduct.
* Complies with all applicable food safety regulations and mandates
(Safe Quality Foods, Food and Drug Admin, Pasteurized Milk
Delivering on Glanbia's Values:
* "Showing Respect" - Research issues & incidents with internal
teams, business partners and customers in a collaborative manner
that includes professional, honest and transparent
* "Find a Better Way" - Work with internal and external teams to
implement process improvements and/or procedural changes that
eliminate non-value added activities and drive more business
* "Winning Together" - Assist with training of new team members.
Facilitate or oversee training and standard operating procedure
reviews to ensure new hires develop proficiency of role.
* "The Customer's Champion" - Proactively engage to support our
customer needs on an end to end basis and strive to meet or exceed
SLA timelines. Take ownership of customer requests and engage with
internal teams as needed and within a timely manner.
* "Performance Matters" - Meet or exceed all key metrics in line
with expectations for role. Continually update knowledge of
products, product changes, processes and services offered to
deliver a dynamic customer experience.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred;
or related experience; or equivalent combination of education and
* General machine maintenance knowledge is required
* Ability to run, or learn to run and troubleshoot all equipment
* Excellent attendance and safety record.
* Desire to grow with the company.
* Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
* Ability to prioritize tasks, handle multiply projects
simultaneously and delegate assignments to others.
* Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail,
record keeping, routine database activity, word processing,
spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
* Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures. Report
all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or Human Resources.
* Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of
* Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and
Typical Physical Activity
* Regularly involves talking or listening, standing and
* Frequently involves sitting, and the use of hands and
* Occasionally involves reaching with hands and arms, crouching,
stooping, kneeling and/or climbing or balancing.
* Must be able to lift and carry items weighing up to 60
* Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, works with the
fingers, and perceive attributes of objects and materials.
* Involves moderate physical activity performing somewhat strenuous
daily activities of a primarily product/technical nature.
* Should be able to identify and distinguish colors, see clearly at
20 inches or closer and 20 feet or more, observe an area that can
be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed
on a given point, and judge distances and spatial
Typical Environmental Conditions
* May be exposed to loud noise levels (i.e. manufacturing
* May be exposed to humidity, intense heat, and areas with possible
air contamination, fumes and toxic chemicals.
* May work in areas with mechanical moving parts, above ground with
risk of fall, or areas with risk of electrical shock.
* Minimal travel limited within the local area.
Must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or
without reasonable accommodation efficiently and accurately without
causing significant safety threat to self or others. The above
statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of
work being performed by employees assigned to this classification.
They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so
Are you someone who likes to make it happen, make it better and
make it fun? If so, our company offers you an excellent opportunity
to do really interesting work and develop a career in a dynamic and
innovative environment that is all about making you and our
Nearest Major Market: Roswell
Keywords: Glanbia PLC, Amarillo , Whey L3 Separator Operator, Other , Clovis, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!