Senior EHS Coordinator
Company: OWENS CORNING
Posted on: June 22, 2022
SUMMARYThe Amarillo Senior Environmental, Health, and Safety
Coordinator is a salary-exempt position, reporting to the Amarillo
EHS Leader. The Senior EHS Coordinator is responsible for the
execution and evaluation of critical processes, programs, and
procedures relative to achieving plant goals and objectives,
related to the Environment, Occupational Health, Regulatory Law,
Safety, and Security.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESThe employee duties and
responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Adhere to, and continuously improve upon, all plant and
position-specific safety policies, procedures, and standards.
- Coordinate application, maintenance, compliance, and retention
of facility regulatory permits and fees.
- Ensure proper environmental, health, and safety training,
awareness, and communications to all employees.
- Provide guidance, support, and change leadership for
environmental / regulatory, health, and safety objectives.
- Support EHS Leader in responsibilities (Management System
Representative) for environmental, regulatory, health, and safety
- Analyze and design programs to address / improve the facility
environmental, regulatory, health, and safety impacts.
- Perform routine inspections related to all applicable aspects
of environmental, health and safety.
- Lead, coach, and solicit input from team members to drive
successful execution of facility and team goals and enhanced team
member engagement / job satisfaction.
- Issue corrective action and implement performance improvement
plans, as needed.
- Facilitate / coordinate training, as needed.
- Design and communicate clear and measurable performance
expectations, complete performance reviews, and execute growth,
development, and engagement plans.
- Support in coordinating Industrial Hygiene surveys.
- Guide incident investigations and implement appropriate
- Function as a supporting member of the EHS team.
- Ability to take direction and influence others for action and
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The employee must possess the following:
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Strong creative thinking skills.
- Ability to initiate action and lead team activities.
- Extensive knowledge of legal / regulatory requirements related
to environment, health, and safety.
- Strong listening and comprehension skills.
- Clear growth potential within the EHS function with willingness
to support other locations with increasingly larger levels of
- Leads by setting the example and by demonstrating confidence
and optimism and identifies and clearly communicates the need for
improvement and change
- Competent in data analytics for safety and environmental
metrics, and a strategic thinker that can establish goals and
actions needed to achieve
- Evaluates systematically, and considers potential solutions
against preset criteria and generates potential solutions by
applying consultative and creative methodologies
COMPUTER AND SOFTWARE COMPENTENCIES
The employee must possess the ability to:
- Operate a computer and other keyboard instruments.
- Utilize Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and
- Utilize SAP, Kronos, KMI and other software for data entry and
- Utilize agency specific web-based software to enter reports for
regulatory agencies such as EPA and TCEQ
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
The employee should have the following:
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in Environmental, Safety, Reg Law,
or related field.
- 2-5 or more years of demonstrated experience in the field of
EHS; in manufacturing preferred
- CSP, CHMM, or related certification preferred.
ADDITIONAL TRAINING REQUIRED
- Strong technical safety and environmental skills. Specifically,
OSHA 29 CFR 1904 and 1910, EPA Title V, and TCEQ regulations.
- BBS Observation Training.
- Lean Toolkit Training.
- Code of Business Conduct: Putting Principals into
- Diversity Awareness.
- Lock Tag Try.
- Sexual Harassment and Ethics Training.
- Applicable SOX Training requirements.
- Safety Leadership
- OSHA 40-hour certification
- Industrial and Hazardous Waste Management
- Visible Emissions Evaluator
- All monthly and applicable safety training.
- All annual training as deemed necessary.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The employee must possess the ability to:
- Work extended/flexible hours
- Sit / stand for prolonged periods of time
- Utilize computer equipment for extended periods of time.
- Climb exterior/interior ladders at lengths exceeding 40
- Travel, as needed.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the
only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this
position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other
job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related
duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of
the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental
job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job
functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification
to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform
this job successfully, the incumbents(s) will possess the skills,
aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some
requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or
significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others.
The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of
knowledge, skills, and abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or
otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
- LI-ONSITEAbout Owens CorningOwens Corning is a global building
and construction materials leader committed to building a
sustainable future through material innovation. Our three
integrated businesses - Composites, Insulation, and Roofing -
provide durable, sustainable, energy-efficient solutions that
leverage our unique material science, manufacturing, and market
knowledge to help our customers win and grow. We are global in
scope, human in scale with approximately 20,000 employees in 33
countries dedicated to generating value for our customers and
shareholders, and making a difference in the communities where we
work and live. Founded in 1938 and based in Toledo, Ohio, USA,
Owens Corning posted 2021 sales of $8.5 billion. For more
information, visit www.owenscorning.com.Owens Corning is an equal
Keywords: OWENS CORNING, Amarillo , Senior EHS Coordinator, Other , Amarillo, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!