Company: Cathcart Rail, LLC
Posted on: November 25, 2022
*$20.00 an Hour*
*Hours: Monday thru Friday*
*6:00 AM until 4:30 PM*
*Sign-On Bonus $1500.00*
Cathcart Rail, LLC is a multi-disciplinary rail services
organization serving customers throughout the mid-Atlantic,
Northeast and Midwest regions.
ARS approaches the rail industry head on, understanding the
pitfalls that accompany dependency upon a single contract or line
of work. ARS acknowledges the importance of diversity in today's
competitive environment. ARS offers a comprehensive array of
services that include railcar and tank car maintenance and repair,
railcar storage, mobile repair, track repair, and plant
Cathcart Rail, LLC mission is as follows:
Guided by three unwavering core values;
* We will exceed our customer's expectations in Safety, Quality &
Customer Service with the most dedicated workforce in the industry
that shares our vision.
* Direct Labor employees are our greatest asset and will be treated
as such, with no exception.
* Our dedication to "Getting Better Every Day" will ultimately
create a larger customer base with sustainable growth.
The general purpose of this position is to apply solvent and water
based paints to the exterior and interior of cars. Must ensure that
all company guidelines are met, and that all ARS rules are followed
when performing duties. In addition, must be able to read and
interpret work orders in compliance with FRA, AAR, ARS and customer
*Duties & Responsibilities*
* Interpret job work orders to perform required railcar
* Notify supervisor of any materials and/or equipment required to
ensure completion of job tasks
* Interact with crew members in a team environment, as well as with
* Follow all safety rules, keep work area clean and comply with all
ARS Environmental Health and Safety Policies
* Ensure FRA, AAR, ARS and customer quality assurance standards are
* Perform general inspection of railcars for repair completion
* Perform final preparation before painting, including such tasks
as caulking, taping, masking etc. Cover cars parts with protective
covering materials (burlap, paper, cloth) to prevent pain overspray
from damaging sensitive railcar components.
* Maintain all paint usage logs and record quantity used during
* Set up and operate various paint equipment including Cup Gun,
Airless Spray, plural component system, and paint reclaimer.
* Conduct inventory cycle count of painting and blasting
* Mix paint to per vendor specification for proper spray
* Spray paint and hand brush paint rolling stock, car parts,
assemblies and subassemblies (interior and exterior) using various
paint methods and products (water base, epoxy enamel etc.)
* Gage wet and dry mill readings and record readings per ARS and
* Apply painted and vinyl stencils and decals as required.
* Understand and use decal machinery.
* Clean, maintain and properly store equipment. Dismantle, assemble
and adjust finishing equipment, as necessary, to ensure equipment
operates per manufactures specification.
* Any other duties as assigned such special projects
* Ability to read, write, and communicate English at a proficient
* High School diploma or general education degree (GED), preferred,
but not required
* English at a proficient level
* Ability to learn function specific operational details and pass
an exam to demonstrate knowledge
* Ability to learn, follow and perform required recordkeeping of
ARS EHS, Quality policies, procedures and checklists.
* Knowledge of equipment and tools required to perform safe entry
* Perform/ prioritize multiple tasks with attention to details.
* Ability to follow oral and written instructions
* The duties of this job require fully passing the fitness for duty
With the exception of clerical, administrative, and some management
positions, which require indoor work, the physical environment
requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold,
wet/humid, dry/arid and dusty conditions. The environment requires
working in close proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving
vehicles, in high and low precarious places, confined spaces.
The work type is best described as heavy, hands-on mechanical work.
Work is very physical , and without proper work planning can result
in out of position pushing, pulling and lifting. Proper body
mechanics, positioning and lifting techniques can be very
important. Employees are urged to seek help when needed with
heavier tasks, and to use lifting equipment where necessary. The
positioning of the work being performed can change very
Tools used: Various heavier air and electric powered tools are
used, such as car jacks, impact wrenches, and grinders are used
daily. Work also requires frequent use of hand wrenches, hammers,
chisels, socket wrenches, and ladders.
* Climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing,
walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, talking, hearing,
smelling and visual acuity, with color and depth perception
* Ability to work in a confined space
* Required to use personal protective equipment as environmental
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $20.00 per hour
* Dental insurance
* Flexible schedule
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* 10 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
* Signing bonus
* Paint mixtures: 1 year (Preferred)
* Decal application: 1 year (Preferred)
* Driver's License (Required)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Cathcart Rail, LLC, Amarillo , Industrial Painter, Other , Amarillo, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!