Auto Repair Specialist I
Posted on: January 22, 2023
6176 - Amarillo - 5000 South Soncy Road, Amarillo, Texas,
CarMax, the way your career should be!
Under general supervision, performs all processes necessary to
diagnose and complete mechanical and cosmetic repairs on customer
and internal CarMax vehicles following prescribed CarMax policies
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide and maintain exceptional customer service through
customer contact before, during, and after repairs as defined by
CarMax "Voice of Customer" processes.
- Locate, use and control replacement parts and supply
- Use and control tools and equipment
- Perform mechanical and cosmetic repairs, including but not
limited to the diagnosis of all internal and external vehicle
- Follow CarMax standardized work rules
- Inspect vehicles per CarMax Quality Standards when needed.
- Complete state inspections when required.
- Maintain workplace cleanliness and organization in accordance
with CarMax 5S standards
Review repair orders for work performed and accuracy of all labor,
parts and sublet documentation for billing including opening and
closing of repair orders
- Collect service payments and manage payments received for
- Use of proprietary and universal software systems including
CarMax Electronic Repair Order and Mitchell.
- Provide functional expertise and leadership to other
- Provide general support to other associates and managers in the
store, including, but not limited to vehicle assessment, vehicle
prepping, vehicle receiving and transferring.
Work requires ability to:
- Complete New Associate Orientation Training - Operations.
- Complete Kronos Training for Hourly Associates.
- Maintain a current Refrigerant Recycling License.
- Where required by State/Local law, maintain current ASE
Certifications in Steering and Suspension (A4) and Brakes
- Read, interpret and transcribe data in order to maintain
- Perform multiple duties in a high-energy, fast-paced
- Lift objects that weigh as much as 50lbs.
- Speak and listen effectively in dealing with
customers/associates in person and over the phone.
- Demonstrate above average attention to detail.
- Manual dexterity in both arms and hands
- Monitor shop compliance with CarMax, O.S.H.A., and EPA
- Demonstrate exceptional interpersonal, communication, and
customer service skills
- Demonstrate exceptional telephone etiquette and active
- Combination of office, shop and outdoor environment. May
include working at times in noisy and/or inclement weather
- May require walking or standing for an extended period of
- Flexible work hours with shifts that may include nights,
weekends, and holidays.
- Wears CarMax clothing (acquired through company) at all times
working in the store.
- Follow all CarMax, O.S.H.A., and EPA standards including the
use of Personal Protective Equipment, and proper waste disposal in
- Adhere to all CarMax policies including Attendance, Asset
Protection, Integrity and Professional Appearance policies.
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest,
transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and
deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought
and sold has helped us become the nation's largest retailer of used
cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to
deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every
associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in
their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training
and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified
candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status,
disability status, or any other characteristic protected by
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable
accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.Required
Keywords: CarMax, Amarillo , Auto Repair Specialist I, Other , Canyon, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!