House Monitor (Sober Living) - Part Time - Amarillo, TX
Company: Cenikor Foundation
Posted on: March 21, 2023
Cenikor Foundation is a non-profit organization and one of the
largest substance abuse treatment centers in the nation. -We are
currently seeking Part Time Sober Living House Monitor -located in
Amarillo, Texas.JOB SUMMARY:The Sober Living House Monitor performs
and oversees all appropriate duties related to the protection,
safeguarding, and securing of assets, personnel and residents at
the community.SCHEDULE: -VariesESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Assist Program Supervisor with supervision and direction of
staff, reporting any concerns or staff issues immediately to the
- Understand Sober Living concepts and how to work with residents
to include participating in the Sober Living modality.
- Relieves the previous shift and conferring with them regarding
all records, logs, daily reports to ensure accurate and complete
- Officially document any records, logs, and so forth that are
- Works with Program Manager to ensure integrity of environment
by conducting room inspections and searches as needed.
- Perform headcount 3 times per night after curfew to ensure all
residents are home. Report any discrepancies to Program Manager and
- Monitor the condition and behavior of all residents for
- Assist in monitoring and collection of resident drug
- May be required to transport residents, staff and/ or packages
to and from assigned destinations in a Cenikor vehicle.
- Answers incoming phone calls and directs calls as needed.
- Make sure all visitors entering the community, for either
personal or business reasons, are logged in and out on the Daily
- Continuously monitor health, security and well-being of
residents by ensuring the community is secure and residents are
abiding by house rules and processes.
- Perform head count nightly, complete reports of nightly rounds,
investigate and complete related reports on all safety and security
situations and communicate emergency situations, including medical
emergencies, to the appropriate authorities and staff members.
- Perform random monthly drug screening (UA and breath scan), on
- Handle quality assurance on all food service operations.
- Perform nightly inspections on vehicles, including checking
oil, tire pressure, gas, etc., record results, record mileage, and
prepare standard maintenance reports.
- Follow standard safety practices including conducting twice
monthly fire drills, see that fire extinguishers are tagged and
up-to-date, and check that community door locks and alarm sounds
are operating properly. Strip and wax floors monthly.
- Work closely with Program Manager to uphold the core principles
of Cenikor's culture and contribute to a positive working
environment for all team members.
- Maintain compliance with federal and state regulatory standards
as well as Cenikor policies and procedures.
- Maintain strict confidentiality on all resident and foundation
matters and refer questionable issues to the Program Manager.
- Adhere strictly to HIPAA regulations in regards to resident
confidentiality of past and present treatment enrollment.
- Perform additional duties as assigned and consistent with the
non-exempt functions as assigned in this job
description.QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION:Skills, Knowledge and
- Knowledge of security operations and safety practices.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
with staff and residents.
- Ability to understand and follow standard operating procedures,
to perform duties in a professional manner, to write and
investigate required reports; to make independent and good judgment
decisions within proper policy and procedures.
- Ability to detect problems and report information to
- Ability to work night shifts and flexible hours.
- Knowledge of Therapeutic Community preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications e.g. Outlook,
Word and Excel.
- Ability to consistently uphold the Core Principles of Cenikor's
Culture with all team members:
- Demonstrate mission of service to our residents
- Positive, respectful communication with both staff and
- Demonstrate self-motivation and perseverance to achieve
- Role model appropriate, professional behaviors including
appropriate resident boundaries
- Work effectively as part of a team, helping to set up others
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must complete driver's safety course required.Experience:
- One year security/safety experience preferred
- Must be 23 years of age to drive Cenikor Vehicles
- One year security/safety experience preferred
- Previous supervisory experience preferredLicensure Required:
- Valid Driver's License
- Must be 23 years of age to drive Cenikor VehiclesIMPORTANT
- Drug Free -Workplace
- Equal Opportunity EmployerPowered by JazzHR
Keywords: Cenikor Foundation, Amarillo , House Monitor (Sober Living) - Part Time - Amarillo, TX, Other , Amarillo, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...