Market Clerk - Amarillo
Company: The United Family
Posted on: June 14, 2019
Job Description - Market Clerk (01PZU) Job Description Market
Clerk-01PZU Description Market Clerks are first and foremost
responsible for guest relations and satisfaction. He/She will
perform superior customer service for guests, maintain clean and
well-stocked service counter, and market cleaning of preparation
area including storage vaults, supply area, and wrapping equipment
as set forth by management.
- When a guest enters my area or department, my first and most
important responsibility becomes to acknowledge, greet, and engage
- Engages in suggestive selling and other sales techniques.
- Order product to ensure adequate supply and to maintain product
quality, freshness and proper variety.
- Performs receiving duties to include: breaking down loads,
cutting cases, stacking, pricing and marking merchandise,
organizing cooler and storage areas and refrigerating products
- Ensure cost, quality and inventory control through verifying
orders against invoices, auditing contents of product cases and
completing necessary forms and reports accurately.
- Stock, rotate and faces product, prevent shrink and product
damage and follows code dating procedures.
- Open and set up butcher block case and closes and pulls down
butcher block case according to company procedures.
- Follows daily work schedule as assigned by management.
- Follows dress code in accordance with associate handbook.
- Follows attendance and tardiness guidelines in accordance with
- Performs meat wrapper duties as assigned by management.
- Assist with training new associates.
- Follows management guidelines in respect to filling and
maintaining fresh meat counter.
- Replaces market supplies as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned or requested by management.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Ability to work in fast-paced, but efficient and controlled
- Ability to perform all physical aspects of the meat department
duties including but not limited to standing, bending, lifting,
squatting, reaching, twisting, climbing and walking.
- Ability to lift to a height of 4 feet, items weighing up to 100
lbs. on a regular basis and push and pull fully loaded hand trucks
and pallet jacks.
- Hands are frequently exposed to 30F while handling product in
the display cases.
- Manual dexterity and good eye-hand coordination are
- Must be able to operate related equipment including: scales,
knives, band saws, meat tenderizers, meat slicers and grinders and
keep accurate records.
- Ability to work for periods of up to 8-10 hours in 50 degree
temperatures. (Controlled atmosphere for sanitation purposes.)
- Ability to function as an associate and get along with others.
This job description is intended to provide a high-level of general
requirements for this position. It is not a complete statement of
duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed
here may be assigned as necessary to ensure proper operations.? OUR
MISSION Ultimate Service Superior Performance Positive Impact Job
Keywords: The United Family, Amarillo , Market Clerk - Amarillo, Other , Amarillo, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!