Motor Grader Operator
Company: RK Hall Construction
Posted on: October 10, 2019
RK Hall Construction in Amarillo, Texas is seeking a Motor Grader
Operator to join our growing team.--RK Hall Construction LTD is a
leading provider of high-quality asphalt paving materials and
services, pavement rehabilitation, grading, and bridge construction
in northeast Texas, southeast Oklahoma and southwest Arkansas area.
We have a strong working relationship with the Department of
Transportation and Municipal agencies throughout Texas, Oklahoma &
Arkansas and perform private and commercial contracts as well. As a
division of Summit Materials, we are committed to creating value,
providing access to growth capital, implementing best practices,
and offer a safe place to work while striving to exceed our
environmental and social responsibilities.At RK Hall Construction
LTD we believe in caring for our employees.--We offer exceptional
- Medical, Dental & Vision Ins.--
- 100% Company Paid Short & Long Term Disability (STD/LTD)
- 401(K) with 100% match up to 4% contribution
- Wellness Program
- Life Insurance
- Competitive Pay, based on experience--The Motor Grader Operator
is responsible for ensuring the safe, efficient and proper
operation of various heavy equipment.----Duties & Responsibilities
Include but are not limited to the following:
- Ability to operate various pieces of heavy equipment, including
loaders, excavators, dozers, graders, backhoes, etc.
- Be familiar with and incorporate information derived from the
manuals for the individual equipment being operated.
- Be familiar with the equipment and Daily Equipment
- Communicate with Project Manager/Foreperson as to the daily job
- operate the equipment in a safe and responsible manner.
- Perform daily pre-start up procedures-----i.e. note the service
due date, check fluid levels and make sure the equipment to be used
is in good running order, complete Daily Equipment Checklist
- Discuss with supervisor the anticipated production, type of
materials being moved, number of trucks, etc.
- Be aware of other equipment working on the project and
coordinate to work with the other equipment.
- When possible, leave the equipment in a place that is readily
accessible to the Equipment Mover.
- Keep equipment clean. Wiping down equipment not only promotes
positive public image, but enables the operator to inspect the
equipment close range.
- Ability to follow directions.Other Requirements
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers,
supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when
- Report to the assigned job site in proper attire and ready to
begin work at the designated start time.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as
outlined in the policies, Programs & Procedures Manual.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers
or supervisors with other duties as required.--Personal Protective
Equipment--(PPE)Individuals are required to wear personal
protective equipment in designated operations and production areas
as stated by OHSA and/or MSHA and company policy. Protective
equipment that may be required, but not limited to, for this
position; Hard hat, Gloves, Hearing Protection, Reflective Vest,
Safety (leather steel toe) Shoes, Respiratory protection, Heat
resistant apparel, Fall Protection, and Eye Protection.--Position
- Less than a High School Diploma or up to 6 months related
- 2 years experience operating heavy equipment preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively to convey and exchange ideas
and to give and receive detailed verbal instructions with the
construction team and leadership
- Regularly required to sit, use hands to work controls on
equipment, communicate with the team and hear what is going on
throughout the job site.--
- Occasionally be required to stand, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch
- Ability to see close up, long-distance, peripheral vision,
depth perception & adjust vision focus
- Ability to continuously lift up to 100 lbs.----All employees
will be subject to various outside elements while on the job
including but not limited to heat, dust, sand, snow, rain,
etc.----Committed to our employees so we can commit to our
communities!--Start your career with RK Hall Construction
today!--Apply Now!RK Hall Construction LTD and affiliates are an
Equal Opportunity Employer.--All candidates are subject to a
pre-employment drug screen and background check.--
Keywords: RK Hall Construction, Amarillo , Motor Grader Operator, Other , Amarillo, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!